Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pads Moving Around, Anyone Had Problems With Mintex?

Gareth Rose

Hi guys, Ive recently changed my pads and discs all round with the mintex sets off that guy on eBay. I changed the fronts first about 2 months ago, and changed the rears 2 weeks ago. The fronts were fine up until just after I fitted the rears (but I think its just coincidence) but they'renow making a knocking noise when I brake when going slow (doesn't make noise above 25-30). Now I've read on another thread that cheap pads can move around, but everyone seems to be liking the mintex ones, and they've been on for over a month and only now started doing it. Anyideas? Could a spring clip have come loose. I'l hopefully have a chance to look at it tomorrow in my mates garage, but just wanted a bit of advice as to what to be looking for.

Cheers guys

Gazza

Cheers wozza, is there any way to get rid of it? New pins? It just disheartens me a bit driving round in my posh car, and it makes a clunk when I slow down,lol.

If I have chance tomorrow Il have a look to see if anything has moved around, but otherwise it feels ok so don't think theres any thing loose.

Thanks again

Gazza

I always apply a small amount of copper grease to the contact point between caliper and the pad backing, this normally cushions any knocking. Mine only seems to do do it when reversing, but its only slight.

I had the same problem and it is due to the clips being missing from your calipers. These are pretty cheap if you buy them direct from lexus - about £7 a side. Dont let them con you into buying the "kit" as its about £60 and if you buy all the clips front and back doesnt go above about £40.

So is this a problem or not? I was thinking of swapping to Mintex when I replace my pads and discs shortly, but not too keen on any extra noises.............have never had any problems with the OEM stuff, is it best to stick to that then?

I didn't have any problems before I changed the pads, and I replaced everything as they were when they came out, and didn't notice anythig missing. Can't have a look at it tonight now cos my mates garage isn't available, and its miserable weather here. Il have a look when I have chance and report my findings.

Thanks for the replies

Gazza

just a thought matey, did you replace the metal shims on the rear of each pad? mine hasnt got them on and makes the same noise as yours by the sound of it? but on our other is200 that has the shims fitted is fine and doesnt make any noise and both cars are using mintex pads.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links