Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tdi Supercharger And Other Stuff

Not sure about this since it's my first time looking at the TDI website, but if I'm not mistaken they've got some new blog updates with info about the Katana exhaust manifold, Katana intercooler and their Rotrex supercharger project (including mention of what went wrong at an open day with LOC)

It looks like it's got today's date on it, but it doesn't have a year, so in theory I guess this could be from last year ! If this is old news I've stumbled across then I apologise for my newbie-ness :lol:

Blog here

Not sure about this since it's my first time looking at the TDI website, but if I'm not mistaken they've got some new blog updates with info about the Katana exhaust manifold, Katana intercooler and their Rotrex supercharger project (including mention of what went wrong at an open day with LOC)

It looks like it's got today's date on it, but it doesn't have a year, so in theory I guess this could be from last year ! If this is old news I've stumbled across then I apologise for my newbie-ness :lol:

Blog here

Just out of intrest, and all the problems have been sorted, Ask tdi what sort of price you would expect to pay Steve :D

reading into that blog here it stated the problem at the TDi LOC Dyno day was

This was then quickly tracked down to the catalytic converter which had melted and blocked the exhaust system. Although it was a hi flow racing cat, it was too small for this application, and the standard front pipes were still being used which were too restrictive and generating excessive heat.

so not the plugs or coil packs mentioned at that time....

at least they have now come clean :)

• 4 weeks later...

reading into that blog here it stated the problem at the TDi LOC Dyno day was
This was then quickly tracked down to the catalytic converter which had melted and blocked the exhaust system. Although it was a hi flow racing cat, it was too small for this application, and the standard front pipes were still being used which were too restrictive and generating excessive heat.

so not the plugs or coil packs mentioned at that time....

at least they have now come clean :)

You appear to be mistaken in two respects on this issue:

Firstly, I suspect that these may have been among the first components to be investigated during the critial path analysis, but nobody ever said that it was the spark plugs and/or coil packs that were faulty.

Secondly, your statement "that we have now come clean" insinuates that we had been hiding something, which is completely incorrect. Nobody has ever asked us about this issue, nor have we made a statement or even mentioned it.

If you feel the need to make a comment or form an opinion about myself or TDI please try to confirm the validy first. All you need to do is ask us. I appreciate your attention on this matter, and thank you in advance.

I wonder if they would do a blog on my car?? :whistling:

Over on the Win web site the other day, Mark @ tdi implied you was happy with what tdi had done to your car :question:

You are wrong on this issue.

Please take the time to read it properly. Thank you in advance.

Firstly, I suspect that these may have been among the first components to be investigated during the critial path analysis, but nobody ever said that it was the spark plugs and/or coil packs that were faulty.

You see this is where we disagree, as you are not obviously in possesion of all the material facts.

On that particular day a TDi employee/engineer was returning into the TDi building from the car in question, after it had developed problems

late in the day after may LOC joyrides. The car was parked on the far side of the car park with a laptop plugged into it trying to diagnose the issue.

The car sounded quite obviously sick, as any LOC members who were there at the time will recall.

This particular TDi employee when asked by me what the problem was with the car responded with

"It looks like a Spark Plug/Coilpack issue." hence why I mentioned that previously.

This is not open to debate Mark, your employee/engineer directly told me that, and I then took that information on board to be fact.

Please don't tell me you are saying I am wrong to take as fact something one of your employees/engineers actually says?

Secondly, your statement "that we have now come clean" insinuates that we had been hiding something, which is completely incorrect. Nobody has ever asked us about this issue, nor have we made a statement or even mentioned it.

For anything misleading in my original comment, I apologise. This should really have read

"have finally got to the bottom of the issue, and is not as first suspected a Spark Plug/Coil Pack related"

Nobody has ever asked us about this issue..

well yes I did, on that very day, and to a TDi employee, and received the information that I have provided above.

If you feel the need to make a comment or form an opinion about myself or TDI please try to confirm the validy first. All you need to do is ask us.

I'm glad I have to come and ask you to form my own opinion, as obviously you do not credit me with enough intelligence to make my own mind up.

I have spoken to 4 LOC members who have had work done by TDi, and have told me (& other LOC members) they wouldn't be now going back.

From those facts, I wholeheartedly reserve the right to draw my own conclusions, and make my own mind up Mark.

I now see how you have made that jump to the wrong conclusion.

"It looks like a Spark Plug/Coilpack issue." hence why I mentioned that previously.

"Looks like" is not the same as "definately is". Do you understand the difference and how you fell into the trap of coming to the wrong conclusion?

I suspect there are people who would not use us again for various reasons. However, I also suspect that you believe whatever you are told without validating it.

"Looks like" is not the same as "definately is". Do you understand the difference and how you fell into the trap of coming to the wrong conclusion?

When your employee states "It looks like a Spark Plug/Coilpack issue." am I not the believe he is competant to make that judgement after

he had examined the car and had access to the laptop that was connected to the car, and had drawn his own conclusions as to the problem

with the evidence he had at his disposal at that time ?

Please do not try to belittle me with the understanding of the difference.

He was in a much better position to explain what was wrong after examining the data on the laptop than I was standing some 50 metres away

and not being privvy to that data. I have fallen into no trap whatsoever as you put it.

He did not say "actually after futher examination it might well be something else", as if he had of done, maybe I wouldn't have expected his

conclusion to be the correct one.

I suspect there are people who would not use us again for various reasons. However, I also suspect that you believe whatever you are told without validating it.

Suspect what you like Mark, if you think I am careless as to not ask members at to why they wouldn't come back to you for more work,

maybe in fact it is you that has come to the wrong conclusion. If you do not want to give me credit for being intelligent enough to ask a

club member as to why they wouldn't come back to you for more work, again you have come to an incorrect conclusion/underestimated me.

However, I also suspect that you believe whatever you are told without validating it.

If that was the case Mark, I'd have been a faithful customer of yours a long time ago.

I'm glad that I validate things I am told, especially where you/TDi are concerned.

When your employee states "It looks like a Spark Plug/Coilpack issue." am I not the believe he is competant to make that judgement after

he had examined the car and had access to the laptop that was connected to the car, and had drawn his own conclusions as to the problem

He was in a much better position to explain what was wrong after examining the data on the laptop than I was standing some 50 metres away

and not being privvy to that data. I have fallen into no trap whatsoever as you put it.

He did not say "actually after futher examination it might well be something else", as if he had of done, maybe I wouldn't have expected his

I think there's a lesson to be learned here: Be careful what you believe, because in this case you have got it totally wrong.

Suspect what you like Mark, if you think I am careless as to not ask members at to why they wouldn't come back to you for more work,

maybe in fact it is you that has come to the wrong conclusion. If you do not want to give me credit for being intelligent enough to ask a

club member as to why they wouldn't come back to you for more work, again you have come to an incorrect conclusion/underestimated me.

However, I also suspect that you believe whatever you are told without validating it.

I'm glad that I validate things I am told, especially where you/TDi are concerned.

Listening to someones opinion is not the same as conducting proper validation procedures.

May I ask you this question please: When you heard the false rumour about Daves crankshaft being broken, did you believe it or did you undertake any validation procedures? Thanks in advance.

I think there's a lesson to be learned here: Be careful what you believe, because in this case you have got it totally wrong.

Listening to someones opinion is not the same as conducting proper validation procedures.

May I ask you this question please: When you heard the false rumour about Daves crankshaft being broken, did you believe it or did you undertake any validation procedures? Thanks in advance.

Wozza's point is it was what one of YOUR staff that made the comment not me/gord/AN Other so had a degree of credibility.

@ wozza et al FWIW - while it may be "fun" engaging in this dialogue with Mark you are wasting your time left on this planet..............you will never have the last word....move on have a pint and take your business wherever you want.

I think there's a lesson to be learned here: Be careful what you believe, because in this case TDi Staff got it totally wrong.

This is what we come back to virtually every single time Mark.

You not allowing anyone else to have any opinion unless it toes the line with yours.

This reeks of megalomaina.

I truly believe if a club member states to me directly they have paid work competed at a particlular establishment and are not going to return

there again for any further work, and then tell me why they are not going to return, they should quite rightly be allowed theier own opinion.

As the person who paid for the work on their own vehicle, they are entitled to their own opinon Mark wether you like it or not.

Then if several members all end up stating the same or very similar reasons for not return for any future work, does that truly mean all

their opinions are invalid becuse they dont agree with you ? Somehow I think not.

May I ask you this question please: When you heard the false rumour about Daves crankshaft being broken, did you believe it or did you undertake any validation procedures?

The information was told to me by a trusted club member, who was told it first hand by a member of your own staff.

Another instance of TDi staff getting information totally wrong ? :o

while it may be "fun" engaging in this dialogue with Mark you are wasting your time left on this planet..............you will never have the last word....move on have a pint and take your business wherever you want.

LOL

You two could dance around each other all day.

Neither of you is gonna give in, and neither is gonna win!

Something to read and keep me entertained on a Saturday at work thou, cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links