Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changeing Headunit?

Been offered this headunit - Sony CD132-CD6 that has come from a Focus ST, quick question will this connect fine in place of my OEM Lexus headunit? Obviously I need the amp bypass cable but other than that should there be any issues?

My reason for getting this headunit is that it keeps the 6disc changer and also looks pretty smart, i think anyways. I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work but just double checking :)

Thanks

D

You may find that.

If it is double DIN, it will physically fit OK, though you will need a facia adapter still.

The wiring will be a bit more complicated, but should be possible. Will probably need some ISO plugs (to fit onto the by-pass lead) and to identify and wire each connection manually. Wouldn't reccommend it unless you really know what you're doing! You may find a Ford to ISO adapter to do this actually, if you're lucky.

imo it looks a hell of alot better than the standard Lex one but i like flashy things lol

Ahh yes I'm usually quite partial to flashy things too, but with the fascias and stuff, the standard unit still looks neater...........unless of course you go for a big screen headunit :winky:

Not to worry wozza, will be ordering a motorised double-din touchscreen DVD/CD player cheap as chips at the end of the month ;)

Seriously i agree with Woz, i had one of the cheap ones off eBay and just got sick of it cause you could tell it was cheap and the sound quality wasnt the best, you got alternator whine through it as well.

It does as it says but isnt the best interface. Got myself a **** hot single DIN Alpine digital media reciever now and its sooooooo much better, (got a ps2 in the back to watch DVD's through)

Stav

Got myself a **** hot single DIN Alpine digital media reciever now and its sooooooo much better, (got a ps2 in the back to watch DVD's through)

Stav

I got a custom motorised Sat-Nav housing with a pukka Kenwood LCD Screen to watch my DVD's on,

played through an Alpine DVD Changer, and sound through my Alpine Head unit and the rest of my system.

It may sound like I'm gloating, but honestly I'm not.......... I'm just soooooooooooooo glad th I.C.E mission is over :duh:

The PS2/X-Box thing could easily now be done, but I don't have one at home, so not that fussed.

Digital Freeview may be a fututre add-on, if I can get a great quality tuner at a reasonable cost.

(such things don't exist yet, but they are coming in the next year or so.....:winky:)

Not to worry wozza, will be ordering a motorised double-din touchscreen DVD/CD player cheap as chips at the end of the month ;)

Seriously i agree with Woz, i had one of the cheap ones off eBay and just got sick of it cause you could tell it was cheap and the sound quality wasnt the best, you got alternator whine through it as well.

It does as it says but isnt the best interface. Got myself a **** hot single DIN Alpine digital media reciever now and its sooooooo much better, (got a ps2 in the back to watch DVD's through)

Stav

In my experience, I would stay clear of cheap , do everything, un-branded units. Never seen one last more than a year, and they are not that great anyway.

I'm goin down a similar route to stav!

Yeah i got the Alpine Ida-X300. Its got no cd slot and built for ipod/memory sticks.

Its awesome bit of kit.

I'm looking at the IDA-X100 which just has a better screen i think. As low as $270 delivered. Which is pretty good.

Only drawback is the Bluetooth connectivity im now used to is a £100 add-on!

How quickly does it scroll through the ipod? My problem at the moment is my interface is just too slow, you have to skip one album at a time, and on a 30gb pod that can get annoying!

Do you know if the mounting cage is the same as other alpine units? ie. can it be simply plug and play fitted where an older alpine unit is removed?

sorry its is the X100 i have (the top one of the three anyway).

I've got a seperate Bluetooth handfree kit anyway so the blue tooth doesnt affect me but may get the add on eventually.

and it scroll through my 8gig nano great, i use the opitional adaptor for the ipod cause i have a memory stick plugged into the usb port and there both great.

As for fit ment, i didnt use the cage, screwed it to the original bars down the side (i have a pop out screen underneath and the toyota smooth fascia)

Stav

sorry its is the X100 i have (the top one of the three anyway).

Couldn't see ya have the one with the rubbish display!

So you can run a usb device AND the ipod with an additional adapter? I assume there is also a phono aux in for PS2? (or do you need some kind of input selector?) Are their any other inputs, or is that it?

Does the scroll button in the middle scroll continuously, or turns to a point tihen returns and turn again? (hope you know what i mean!)

Think I might go for it.

Anyone wanna buy my headunit?

Sorry, hijacked the thread a bit!

Nah couldnt get the lower one its only got one RCA out.

The one i've got has two and a stereo sub out.

Yeah you can get an RCA Aux in to fit the CD changer slot, and an ipod or jack plug aux in for the Full speed Ipod connection, then the USB slot as well.

The scroll button just keeps spinning as well. though i cant remember but if your scrolling through something it'll stop at the bottom not jump back to the top. if you see what i mean.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links