Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lowering How Low And How Easy?

Andy-R

Ok want to drop the car but not sure if to go 30 or 40mm, has anyone done there own and how easy is it to do?, I have changed the springs on my mums Astra which are dead easy but i've never looked at the Lex, also does the need to get the Geo done increase depending on how low you go or is it a good idea to get it done regardless of drop.

Cheers.

Its not to hard to do matey, you will need a set of spring compressors to help you swap them over but if you follow the guide Mat has in the knowledge base you cant go wrong? I've done mine 3 or 4 times now as i went from standard 4x4 height to lowering springs then back to standard then back to springs then brought a set of coilovers :lol: And i would reccomend getting the Geometry done ASAP after you have it lowered and i'd go for 35-40mm drop :D And if you get stuck, i might be able to pop up and give you a hand mate :D

its real easy job if your handy with a set of spanners and a set of spring clamps. there a good how to on here somewhere i sure someone will point you in right direction. i not sure where i found it. keep a mate near by to help you push the rear disc down to remove the shock and some sort of balljoint breaker for front. few quid maybe i jus made one

Cheers guys, so when you buy springs the front and rear are different heights is this right? and is this to compensate for the weight of the engine.

Doing them shouldn't be a problem but what are spring clamps for normally you just undo a few bolts move the hub out of the way slide the spring out and pop the new one in, is it not this straight forward on the Lex?

Cheers for the offer of help Chris, if I need a hand i'll give you a shout you can collect that exhaust at the same time, I'm guessing the lowering is going to be after the scratches are repaired anyway so if my insurance company keep going the way they are I should be ready to do it about mid 2010 :lol:

What do you think of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...rksid=p3907.m29

Cheers guys, so when you buy springs the front and rear are different heights is this right? and is this to compensate for the weight of the engine.

Doing them shouldn't be a problem but what are spring clamps for normally you just undo a few bolts move the hub out of the way slide the spring out and pop the new one in, is it not this straight forward on the Lex?

Cheers for the offer of help Chris, if I need a hand i'll give you a shout you can collect that exhaust at the same time, I'm guessing the lowering is going to be after the scratches are repaired anyway so if my insurance company keep going the way they are I should be ready to do it about mid 2010 :lol:

What do you think of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...rksid=p3907.m29

i know what your thinking. astra has short stumpy springs on rear seperate damper. the lexus has four shocks with springs on them that need compressed for dissasembly. the spring clamps compress the springs so you can safely take them apart. in other words its like doing the fronts twice on you old astra

Righty i'm with you it's abit more indepth than on an Astra but not mega difficult, cheers guys.

What about the springs then the ones in the Link above any good?

Never heard of them mate so not sure on the quality :unsure:

If you can try and get the tein or eibach as they seem good quality and a few members have them fitted? If you get them from lexus/toyota there the TTE springs which are re-branded eibachs and the last time i saw them they were a good price, Chris.s and Robs_lex have them fitted so you might be able to find some pics of them fitted to there cars and see how low they make the lex , But all depends on how much you want to spend at the end of the day matey :D

Cheers Chris, I seem to remember you mentioning about the eibachs once before when I was looking into getting this done, I suppose this is the best way to go because at the end of the day you normally get what you pay for, just glad it's Xmas soon think I know what'll be top of my list to Santa.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links