Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyo Proxes T1-r Tyre Advice

MARKY46

Thinking about changing the tyres on my IS200se to Toyo T1-R tyres and have found something I'm not too sure about whilst shopping around for the best prices. Can anyone explain the differnce??

1) On Toyo's main website, the size and information is as follows:-

215/45ZR17 91W RF 626 211 292 843 7.0 - 8.0

What I want to know is what does the RF stand for??

2) On Black Circles website, the tyre information is as follows:-

Toyo Proxes T1-R 215/45 R17 W (91), Reinforced

What I want to know is what does the reinforced imply and is this what the RF is written about on Toyo's website??

3) On Camskill's website, the tyre information is as follows:-

215/45R17 91W XL TL TOYO T1R

What I want to know is what does the XL and TL stand for and are these tyres different form those mentioned on Toyo's website and Black Circles website or they all the same??

Sorry there are a few questions but if anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanx folks...

They are good tyres, had em on my IS for 2yrs. Unfortunately that's exactly how they lasted. Apart from that they do offer shed loads of grip in both dry and wet conditions, the other down side to them is that they sit flush to the alloys offering no protection to curbs.

Was thinking about going down that road myself with the Bridgestones but read too many reports on here about how good the Toyo's are, so decided to go that way. The deciding factor for me was the price. Just ordered 4 Toyo's from Camskill for £282.80 and hopefully they'll be as good as eveyone on here says they are. Fingers crossed!!!!!

As for the Bridgestones being designed for the car, I've read on various other places that the tyres that ANY car comes with as standard are put on the cars because a MASSIVE discount is given from the tyre companies for doing that, therefore hoping the customer will continue to use the same tyres when it comes for them being replaced!!! Don't know how much truth there is in that though!!!

Anyway thanks to WIM for explaining the tyre abreviation problems I had. Is there no end to your talents????

I used to have the T1-R's and they had good grip but when near the end they came away in chunks, Fitted goodyear F1's after that and they totally outshine the Toyo's and wear out evenly to the end ... i'd recommend the F1's over the T1-R's anyday ;)

I have eagle F1's and they grip from them is incredible, however I think Tony did say that they are dis-continued and the wise way to go was to T1-R's?

New F1's are the "asymmetric" they don't look as aggressive but are supposed to be even better in the wet ... Tony likes 'em and all ... :)

I used to have the T1-R's and they had good grip but when near the end they came away in chunks, Fitted goodyear F1's after that and they totally outshine the Toyo's and wear out evenly to the end ... i'd recommend the F1's over the T1-R's anyday ;)

Don't know what must have been wrong with your geometry or your tyres then, the only problem I have had with the Toyo T1-R's is getting my front pair to wear out as I want to replace them with a pair slightly wider. I've complained to Tony but no sympathy there :lol: The Toyo Proxes 4 on my IS200 are even better for grip, especially in the wet.

Let a younger driver have your car for a while :whistling::tomato:

To be old and wise you first have to be young and foolish, I'll leave you to work out why I can probably get from A to B quicker than you :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links