Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 200 Key Remote Not Working

Dover6Juliet

Hi....have any of you had a similar problem....I park in the same place but last 2-3 days I have noted that the key remote does not function, nor do the spares. If I park is somewhere else it is ok, however. I asked Lexus and they said drive the car for 50 yards and then get out Lock, Unlock, Lock and Unlock the car. That seemed to work in reseting something.

Any ideas why this could be the case? The batteries seem fine...Lexus guy told me to make sure no metal is in the central console, which I have done.

Thanks

can be caused by radio interference - stand about 1m away from drivers door and 1m owards the rear then try it. dont try pointing the key at the bumps on the dash as they are the auto light and aircon sensors.

I had a the same problem on a old rover 220.... Didn't happen on the Lex....

I thought it was just the Battery so I changed it and no change....

Are you absolutely sure it's not the batteries? I had the same problem a while back, main key worked intermittently as did the spares.........

Thought it might be something serious, but then found out they all just needed new batteries :whistling:

• 6 months later...

Hi,

It can't be the batteries, as both my keys stopped woking last night. I was at work and when I finished my shift at 0100 AM the car wouldn't respond to my key. So I opened it manually but the alarm went off. So eventually I called my brother to bring the spare key, tried with that but no luck.

I remember some one posted few steps a while back to make your car recognise your key, but I can't find that post anymore. Plesae help me

Regards,

Niwinars

does it work when you park it in other locations? Sometimes can be down to interference with pizza delivery places and mini cab offices etc.

Have sometimes had it in particular areas but if car unlocks normally when you park it elsewhere then thats usually why.

If it is interference sometimes works to push the car down the road a bit and then try the key again. Also if you need to open the car manually, just do it, and then start the car straight away, the alarm will stop after 30 seconds or so.

Was this the link you were after?

Linky

Thanks a lot. I followed the procedures and it is working now.

By the way my car is normally parked right next to the runway at Heathrow Airport (in the car park) and on some occasions I park it at the police station. So it could well be the radio intervention from aircraft and police scanners. On this instance it was at the police station.

I remember when I went to visit a friend in Crystal Palace few months ago and the same problem occurred. And as we all know, Crystal Palace is littered with those giant transmitters/ antennas either for TV or Telecommunications, so one got to be extremely careful.

Regards,

Niwinars :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links