Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Help, How To Use While Going Along?

TomCooper

on my is200 sport nav with the sat nav i cant use it if there car is moving over 5mph.

i know this is just a safety feature but i have passangers in the car all the time and they can program it while im going along.

anyway, is there anyway of dissableing that safety feature, ie dissconnecting a switch or joining a wire up to live or negegative, if its more complicated than this i'll prob leave it, but i recon it should be something like that???

cheers

I've read there's issues ie interference with the speed pulse wire where people have tried to tap into this. So the safest way is: (note you will have to do this each time you start the car).

1. Press the "MENU" button

2. Press the "DVD" icon at very top of the screen

3. You should see the ver. of software you are currently using. (eg ver. 4.1)

4. Press the "UP" arrow on the joystick once (note the system won't give the 'beep' sound when you do this, but carry on anyways!)

5. Press the "DOWN" arrow on the joystick once

6. Press the "UP" arrow on the joystick once

7. Press the "DOWN" arrow on the joystick once

8. Press the "RIGHT" arrow on the joystick once

9. You should now see the "secret" menu

10. Press and Hold the "OVERRIDE" until the icon turns green.

11. Press the "BACK" icon

12. You may now enjoy driving & inputting your destination at the same time!

Boring bit :baaa:

Do this at your own risk. Please drive safely if you are going to be inputting addresses in your navigation system while driving. I do not want to get sued if you ended up running into a tree, old lady or something when you are using the navigation unit.

lol cheers mate, sounds like a pain each time i start the car!! but will givbe it a go.

so theres no way to tap into the speed pulse thingy?

cheers

you can cut into the speed pulse but when you start moving and the gps kicks in it still overides any input...

I've wanted to do it for a while, but haven't bothered to find out which one it is and what exactly I'd need to do, but I'm pretty sure someone else on here has done it. Basically need to cut that speed sense wire and add a switch in between, then you can switch it off if you need to use the nav and then switch back once you've finished.

That soft hack that Purvesh said above doesn't actually take that long once you get used to it though - I find I can do it quite easily when stopped at the lights or similar.........

I've wanted to do it for a while, but haven't bothered to find out which one it is and what exactly I'd need to do, but I'm pretty sure someone else on here has done it. Basically need to cut that speed sense wire and add a switch in between, then you can switch it off if you need to use the nav and then switch back once you've finished.

That soft hack that Purvesh said above doesn't actually take that long once you get used to it though - I find I can do it quite easily when stopped at the lights or similar.........

i did it.. made the positioning slower and affected the non gps positioning and as i said still overides when the gps kicks in and relaises you are moving. also takes longer to acvtiviate the menus when you stop as the speed sensor isnt there to tell it that you have stopped..

have put back to standard now..

i did it.. made the positioning slower and affected the non gps positioning and as i said still overides when the gps kicks in and relaises you are moving. also takes longer to acvtiviate the menus when you stop as the speed sensor isnt there to tell it that you have stopped..

have put back to standard now..

Oh so technically it still doesn't let you use it fully while moving as the soft hack does? Guess there's not much point then...........cheers for that :)

Yeah I normally fire up the car, and 'do the hack' within 10/15 secs. This also gives the engine a little bit of time to get the oil running round. My passenger enters our destination... :shifty:

yea i press menu and there is no dvd icon at the top of the screen???

Hmm...:blink: do you have the CD or DVD version mate?

I just checked and it's definately there once you press 'Menu' on the keypad (DVD version).

cd version in that case, im not sure to be honest, 2000 is200 sport navigator??

Yeap CD based.

Try and find the corresponding button on the screen which gets you the cd version number (maybe it says CD instead of DVD!?!) and then go from there - I've got a feeling it may still work! :whistling:

:(

Tom there is a way to get into the hidden menu on the cd based setup, i posted it up a while back, will try and find it for you :) not sure if it'll bypass the system though but does tell you about the gps signal and other bits :)

Here you go mate have a look on this topic my post is a few down :) CLICK ME!! But just read on there that there is nothing for the motion lock :(

Weird, the ignition trick lets the dvd based model go into another sub menu aswell as the override menu - so that's two hidden menus.

So the CD based one only has one hidden menu? Given there's an override menu on the dvd based one, I'd put money on there being one for the CD version ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links