Car Selling Advice And Help

Anees

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F****n hell lads.

Lucky escape or what?

Good on Gord and Neil for the backup and scouting. Problem is this scum are proberly back on the streets by tonight cause the legal system is a joke.

Glad your all safe though.

Slightly randomly, what happens to the £500 now? do you keep it? give it to the police?

Maybe use it to post pictures of them all around Exeter claiming they have tendencies for the younger generation?

reckon we should start the vigilante force, start putting random cars in autotrader waiting for the same response and all have a group meet to do them in!

Glad your all ok though lads.

Stav

glad you all went down together!!

i reckon they targetd your car because they thought it would belong to some little old lady and would be an easy target.. bet they were surprised!!

what happened to the guys? did you get any of them? does the numbers you have for them still work??

there is a whole list of thinsg they can be prosecuted for!!

and you should get to keep the £500..

Alternative Ending No...2

Chris, Gord, Neil and I had a nice pleasent drive down to Exeter Services. Met a lovely lady called Elga and her partner. They were absolutely thrilled with the car, didn't haggle at all and gave us the cash after a brief testdrive. While I did the paperwork, the money was counted and checked that it was legit and everyone went on there merry way.

We then went for Harry Ramsden Fish & Chips and had a relaxed drive back. Also, got back home and the BMW had done an amazing average 60MPG with 540 miles covered and the OBC still saying I had another 56miles to go. :o

Thats not really gona win any oscars is it?

Sorry for the first post, but we just wanted to have a bit of fun and show people that there are honest trusting people still in this world. I hope this thread restores faith in human nature and I didn't quite expect it to take off quite as it has.

Appologies for the hernia's we might have given people! SORRY FOR ANY ALARM!! I was meaning so post up straght away after the first post but got distracted with something else! :blush:

glad to see you all ok....

Details of this scam need to be given to the likes of autotrader and eBay too.

You were lucky to have some good friends with muscle supporting you..others may not.

Whilst there were similarities between this and other scams- there was none exactly like this posted.

I would be very surprised if the 500 turns out to be genuine so better not spend it yet.

Again, glad you are all ok - think we have all learnt something here.

I've posted this on a wim and my local forum to highlight the problem to people!

Stav

Sorry mate :blush:

Just also wanted to say thanks to Gord, Neil and Chris for the support. Chris Skelton for the kind offer of tea and a rest and the other LOC members that sent texts to see how things went.......... :) All much appreciated.

LOL you ****.

I've posted that up on WIM and my local site warning people lol

Glad it went ok though.

Sorry Stav - didn't mean to cause any bother. I don't usually like to joke about things like this, but I was so worried after what I had read on hear that the relief when it was not a scam meant we planned a little trick! :blush:

LOL you ****.

I've posted that up on WIM and my local site warning people lol

Glad it went ok though.

Sorry Stav - didn't mean to cause any bother. I don't usually like to joke about things like this, but I was so worried after what I had read on hear that the relief when it was not a scam meant we planned a little trick! :blush:

Lol just been back and edited the posts.

Glad it went ok though.

Fu@@ers....didn't like your first note - wondered how you had got a picture of one of the guys as the police Woulnt let you. But didn't want to offend incase you had been done.

Natural order now restored..I have my faith back in human nature but can't believe a bloody word you guys say any more :winky:

Edited by Mark W

I've posted this on a wim and my local forum to highlight the problem to people!

Stav

Sorry mate :blush:

Just also wanted to say thanks to Gord, Neil and Chris for the support. Chris Skelton for the kind offer of tea and a rest and the other LOC members that sent texts to see how things went.......... :) All much appreciated.

Been a pleasure mate :D

and good to see you guys again :D

Fu@@ers....didn't like your first note - wondered how you had got a picture of one of the guys as the police Woulnt let you. But didn't want to offend incase you had been done.

Natural order now restored..I have my faith back in human nature but can't believe a bloody word you guys say any more :winky:

Yes mate - cup is now half full instead of half empty :D :D

Thank you :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links