Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How Do I Turn Off The Centre Brake Light?

Purvesh

As I've had IS300 spoiler with integrated LED light fitted I now need to turn off the centre light by the rear screen. I believe it's called the high level light.

I found this thread with the same issue:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...;hl=brake+light

Can't I just disconnect the wire that goes to the bulb, or will this give a bulb out warning aswell? If not, what resistor or method do I need to apply, as I still want to retain the bulb out warning feature?

I'm assuming the bodyshop took the feed from either of the rear lights as opposed to the high level light.

Thanks in advance, IMHO four lights from the rear looks pants! :crybaby:

You should remove it completely mate and get a new parcel shelf if you can source one as it looks much better with nothing there :winky:

I thought you could just take the bulb out as it's not picked up by the bulb out warning but I could just be talking rubbish :blush:

It is picked up by the bulb warning light matey, My bulb went not long ago and couldnt figure it out why the bulb warnig was on, then found the high level lamp was out :) Maybe if you rewire the new brake light to the old wiring it will stop any warning and should be quite easy to do? :)

dependent on what spoiler you have fitted, a genuine lexus accssory spoiler comes with a modified light failure sensor which erradicates the warning light problem when diconnecting the centre brake light

You should remove it completely mate and get a new parcel shelf if you can source one as it looks much better with nothing there :winky:

I think it's a bit overkill mate and plus I'd still need to disconnect the light which would currently bring on the dash light.

dependent on what spoiler you have fitted, a genuine lexus accssory spoiler comes with a modified light failure sensor which erradicates the warning light problem when diconnecting the centre brake light

I got it from eBay ages ago and don't recall it having this sensor TBH.

Isn't there a way of connecting the wires together like a kind of 'loop'?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links