Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had A Couple Of Questions

Hi there, hoping someone will be able to help me out.

Wanted to stick parking sensors in to my IS200 - only the rear probably. I was browsing through other posts regarding parking sensors and theres a lot of useful stuff out there. I think I'm going to get myself one of the Dolphin ones - or since they seem to be the same, perhaps the speedsafe/cisbo/etc ones. I'd love to stick them in myself, but since my fiancee paid for half the car, she'd like them done professionally. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the sensors, and also does anyone know of any fitters who would be a good bet? I'm in London. How much might they charge?

Secondly, I have a couple of scratches near the back. Looks like someone may have keyed it gently. I knew about them when I bought the car, but I was happy with them as I got a very good deal on it. They're about a foot in length each, but they haven't affected the metalwork. The scratch is showing white, and is deep enough to feel with your fingernail - but they're not obvious looking at them. I'd like them taken out. I know that can be done with the minimal of fuss, but I need to know where and again, how much it might be. Does anyone know the best way of going about it?

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!

hi mate, firstly welcome to LOC, and looking at your display pic, nice car. cant help too much with the parking sensors. but if you really want to fit the parking sensors yourself, why dont you convince your other half, that she owns the other half, and you can do what you want to the back? also, where are the scratches on the car, if they are on the bumper, ask a bodyshop to fit the sensors and repair the scratches, also, have you tried polishing the scratches out, as they dont sound too bad from you`re description.

Anuj

why dont you convince your other half, that she owns the other half, and you can do what you want to the back?

lol, I love this idea. Might just try it.

By the looks of it, scratches won't polish out - but they might just improve, so I'll give it a go.

Anyone else have any nuggets of wisdom regarding these bits? Cheers!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links