Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just to share my joy with all of You there:

My first ever Lexus- MK1 GS300- owned for a year. In terms of reliability and comfort and looks and just about everything- one of the best cars i ever owned. When it was time to move on i sold it to my friend without a doubt in my mind..

So- my second (not last:) Lexus GS 430 from october 2000. Never tought its possible but it leaves my old pal MK1 far behind.

And You say LS is even better?? Even MK2 GS seems like it was not built on this planet:)

However

Can You help me whats the difference between SPORT model and standard?

I suspect an error in V5 as mine is 2000 model and it states SPORT AUTO (?)

Just to add some info on this one as a lot of people seem to get confused about the 430 Mk2 sport - here's a quick run down to help:

Originally the Mk2 Sport appeared in the GS300 around 99 - 2001 but apparently Lexus were not happy with the suspension set up (as I read on this forum!) so deleted the model from the range. However at the time there were some dealers who modified GS430's and lowered the suspension 25mm (without changing the rest of the suspension) and placed all of the sport car's body kit and wheels onto the car even including the sport discreet markings.

In July 2003 Lexus fixed the suspension problems and relaunched the car (in both 300 /430) with all new lowered suspension and it was available in only three colours, Canterbury blue, Silver and black. Additonally only the GS430 sport had the large spoiler on the back whereas the GS300 has a discreet spoiler with the usual GS300 paddle gear change on the steering wheel. The GS430 had all of the GS430 refinements such as the audio controls on the steering wheel etc.

Having owned a 2001 sport and now a 2003 sport I have to say (totally personal preference) both compared to the standard GS430 are better for driving as they handle better around corners though of course you do suffer in ride quality - hence sport! 2001 vs 2003 sport - the 2001 handles well but the 2003 seems to have the edge to me - just that bit more composed under cornering - additionally go for a 2003 sport with satnav and you'll end up with the superior sat nav system as the 2001 sport I had lacked the route preview of the later system.

Here's a link to the original press release:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/...SPORT_144.shtml

Hope that helps.

I like this part of the press release:

The GS300 Sport and GS430 Sport require a full service only every 20,000 miles with an interim 'health check' which takes less than an hour every 10,000 miles or once a year.

Although how does that work if you're not even doing 7,000 miles per year?

I like this part of the press release:
every 10,000 miles or once a year.

Although how does that work if you're not even doing 7,000 miles per year?

It does say 10,000 miles OR once a year. :whistling:

Most importantly the 'facelift' 2000 on cars have the cambelt replacement set to 100k only and not 10 years - the mileage is what counts apparently.

I would think that one of the most significant changes on the facelift was the fact that the brake master cylinder was replaced with a larger one to try to overcome the premature failure of the original cylinder, which was a very expensive problem for owners of both the GS300 and the GS430 if it failed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links