Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Small(er) Engine Plus Fi Vs Large Engine

Mark W

I've always wondered why buy a 2 litre car and spend a consideral amount of cash on FI when you could just buy a 4 litre that already has it?

I can understand a little (eg car model and poss general fuel economy) but any other reasons

Don't want to offend anyone with my question - just always wondered why ?

Is it purely for the buzz of modding / uniqueness?

I've always wondered why buy a 2 litre car and spend a consideral amount of cash on FI when you could just buy a 4 litre that already has it?

I can understand a little (eg car model and poss general fuel economy) but any other reasons

Don't want to offend anyone with my question - just always wondered why ?

Is it purely for the buzz of modding / uniqueness?

Thats what ive done :D

i think a lot of it comes down to personal choice, for example i would buy a 1.6vtec civic type R over a 2 Litre Civic Type R. Purely becuase i perfure the 1.6 engine over the 2 litre.

its true with a lot of other cars aswell, but to be honest if i could afford a mustang with a howling V8 i would go out and buy one tomorrow.

What is the old saying there is not replacement for displacement.

I think engine size and handling have alot to do with it ...

reason over here is the old road tax was cc based, a 2lt cost 590 per Annum whereas a 3lt or above was 1343 euro ...

That was the old system now it's worse as it's based on emissions ... a new IS250 sport manual now costs 2000 euro per Annum but the diesel is much lower.... feckin greens in government :angry:

thankfully it's only for new 2008 cars reg. here, jap <2008 imports are still old system

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links