Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autostart

Maybe they're already looking into it :whistling:

But the easiest way is to get an after market alarm with it on.

Why would you want to unlock and start it though? unless your james bond running from some badguy?

I'm looking into starting the car without unlocking it, i.e. for cold winter mornings to thaw the car out and heat it up before i leave the house

Stav

Why would you want to unlock and start it though? unless your james bond running from some badguy?

I'm looking into starting the car without unlocking it, i.e. for cold winter mornings to thaw the car out and heat it up before i leave the house

Stav

haha :D

Stav

Sorry thats what i mean, just want to start it, for that exact reason, hate cold mornings.

dont think i'd want it unlocked thinking about it, anyone walkin past could rob my car ha ha

do think this is a possibility then?

Mine came in from Japan with remote start installed and Toyota branded too...

great for the cold mornings can have the car nice and toasty while your having breakfast

but as soon as you open a door it shuts of so you'll then have to start it like normal,

remote started it once while sitting in the car .... weird feeling , just to see could it be put in gear, no is the answer as it stops straight away so no fear of anyone robbing it when auto started ...

Had it on my BMW. Was great in the cold morning....left it running for a couple of minutes to heat the seats up! Provided some good entertainment value to!

lol know exactly what you mean :P, ive spooked people big time when they walk pass and see it start and the headlights turn on haha. Knight rider styleeeee. :whistling:

great for the cold mornings can have the car nice and toasty while your having breakfast

but as soon as you open a door it shuts of so you'll then have to start it like normal,

remote started it once while sitting in the car .... weird feeling , just to see could it be put in gear, no is the answer as it stops straight away so no fear of anyone robbing it when auto started ...

So there was an actual Toyota remote start for the Altezza/IS? Hmmm, would be interested if anyone knows the part number for that..........how is it controlled? Off the main key or a separate remote? Got any pics if separate?

So there was an actual Toyota remote start for the Altezza/IS? Hmmm, would be interested if anyone knows the part number for that..........how is it controlled? Off the main key or a separate remote? Got any pics if separate?

Came with a basic fob .... 3 buttons , press red and then press and hold start and it'll flash the indicators and start the engine..

has a long range too ... tested it at over 300 yards on open ground ... remote has a telescopic aerial and theres a front and rear antenna mounted inside the car ...

Found a little black box under the carpet trim on the passenger side of the central console...

heres the fob, also locks/unlocks the doors and pops the boot :)

post-12069-1223581375.jpg

Damn, that's awesome! Don't bother if it's a lot of hassle but does the little black box have a part number or anything anywhere on it? Do you know if it's been wired in, or is it a plug and play type device?

Damn, that's awesome! Don't bother if it's a lot of hassle but does the little black box have a part number or anything anywhere on it? Do you know if it's been wired in, or is it a plug and play type device?

I'll have a look tomorrow... :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links