Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What is the average MPG of a 94 model year LS 400? I have been driving mine for about three weeks now and every week it seems I am putting more fuel in and my fuel low warning light seems to be coming on earlier each time :angry: !! I have worked out that this last week I was returning 12mpg (based on 60 miles covered with 5.14 gallons).

I am doing short journeys (2 miles approx., 4 or 5 times a day). I know the MPG would be better over a longer distance but 12mpg well below what I expected (and I tickle the throttle, you can almost hear the car laughing!). I would hate to think what it would do if I had a lead right foot.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know what other LS 400 owners are getting to the gallon so I would appreciate your posts. :D

What is the average MPG of a 94 model year LS 400? I have been driving mine for about three weeks now and every week it seems I am putting more fuel in and my fuel low warning light seems to be coming on earlier each time :angry: !! I have worked out that this last week I was returning 12mpg (based on 60 miles covered with 5.14 gallons).

I am doing short journeys (2 miles approx., 4 or 5 times a day). I know the MPG would be better over a longer distance but 12mpg well below what I expected (and I tickle the throttle, you can almost hear the car laughing!). I would hate to think what it would do if I had a lead right foot.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know what other LS 400 owners are getting to the gallon so I would appreciate your posts. :D

Much too low. 20+ should be, even in town. Who that with that siphon pipe? (Check pipes etc?)

Is your fuel gauge working correctly? that would be the first concern as the fuel gauges are very prone to going wrong, i would look to replace the caps on the instument cluster first and then see if the fuel return to distance travelled goes up. or down. i have jut sorted mine and the needle is falling at a very slow rate.

fill the tank till the pump stops then take it on a good long run and make a note of the dstance driven, than refill till the pump stops then work the miles per gallon.

Short journeys are disastrous for fuel consumption - when engine is not at working temperature. I once got a call to investigate a chap's wife's Austin 1100 which was doing about 18mpg. I checked all the usual stuff and could find nothing wrong. Turns out she only used the car for the school run which was less than one mile each way !

My Series IV ranges from 18MPG to 24MPG.

In the 10 months that I've owned it it's averaged 20.5MPG (this is the real figure - not the one reading on the computer) and is based on my daily 18 miles (9 each way) commute which is all villages, corners and fast country roads.

If I was regularly cruising at 60ish on motorways and A roads I would expect it to be nearer 25MPG or maybe even more.

Thanks to all for your advice. With regards to the fuel gauge, mine seems to be working OK in that I put fuel in & it seems to register a proportional amount. It is slow sometimes in rising to the registered amount but I can put up with that. {This is a replacement speedo (the first one I had repaired burnt out as soon I put it back in & I don't want to risk that again!)}.

Austin 1100!!! How long ago are we going back?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links