Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Series 3 (1998) Alarm?

I am trying to find out what the standard alarm system is fitted to my 1998 Series 4 LS400 for insurance purposes, I have spoken to my Lexus dealer and all they can tell me is that the security systems fitted to LS400's of my cars age were not fitted by Lexus themselves but aftermarket..........not much help there then! Rather than pay Lexus to look at the security system for me I thought I'd ask here.

Can anyone help?

Barney,

This may give you some clues, it is a "TVSS IV – MPX"

http://www.thatcham.org/security/pdfs/cate...ngerCarCAT1.pdf

I would say that you have a cat-1 system without doubt, it tells you th efeatures too.

All decent cars after 1995 have a cat-1 system fitted by factory, importer or dealer.

Or call Lexus GB, and go through to the technical dept and ask them.

Or call Thatcham and ask for the details of "TC2 – 507/0798", tell that ref no to your insurance company.

Look inside the drivers manual, in the UK the first 8 pages has a dealer stuck in alarm section, could be some more details here too.

If it is an import car, it will be a lot harder.

Barney,

This may give you some clues, it is a "TVSS IV – MPX"

http://www.thatcham.org/security/pdfs/cate...ngerCarCAT1.pdf

I would say that you have a cat-1 system without doubt, it tells you th efeatures too.

All decent cars after 1995 have a cat-1 system fitted by factory, importer or dealer.

Or call Lexus GB, and go through to the technical dept and ask them.

Or call Thatcham and ask for the details of "TC2 – 507/0798", tell that ref no to your insurance company.

Look inside the drivers manual, in the UK the first 8 pages has a dealer stuck in alarm section, could be some more details here too.

If it is an import car, it will be a lot harder.

Many thanks indeed Simon.

I have spoken to Lexus GB, given them all the details regarding my car and they are going to get back to me.

Have sent details from your post to insurance company and await their outcome.

Nothing similar in my drivers manual.

Will hold fire calling Thatcham untill I have hear back from the insurance company.

Apreciate your help.

Ignore the Series three in the heading, I have a series four :blush:

All these early mornings are getting to you! Was just going to tell you.........hope life is good? I've now retired (so seeing interest rates drop ain't funny!)

• 1 month later...
Ignore the Series three in the heading, I have a series four :blush:

All these early mornings are getting to you! Was just going to tell you.........hope life is good? I've now retired (so seeing interest rates drop ain't funny!)

Sorry for late reply Chris, bit of a stressful time of late due to a house move and the awful realisation that despite a survey the house we bought is nowhere near as well maintained as we were LED to believe......serious expence and upheaval :(

Hope the retirement is going well (interest rates aside)?

Early mornings getting to me? ...nah...just life :hehe:

I have now sorted this problem out thanks to a very helpful insurer and no thanks to Lexus UK whatsoever.

I spoke to Lexus UK in order to get the required security fittment details who duly noted all my details and said they would get back to me if they can locate the required details. Obviously they can't locate any details as they have never replied to me, pathetic....begs the question what would happen if I needed work carried out by Lexus on the security system when the company itself don't even know what has been fitted to one of the own cars, a big overpriced bill for one of their spanner monkey's to have a poke around I guess.

I am seriously considering taking my business away from Lexus, this sort of woeful customer care really pi$$es me off, especially from a company that prides itself in customer service/care.

Many thanks to everyone here on the club who offered help and advice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links