Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Roof Trimming

was it an easy job to get it retrimed how much did it set you back? also what material did you use??

really easy mate,just take your time cos it can be awkward.

all you need is some spray adhesive(in a can maybe 2 of them) and your material,i used faux suade which i bought from eBay a massive 20m roll which was less than £10 and did all a,b and c pillars while i was there

what is the material in the door cards is it proper suede or the faux type??

Aaron have ya gone home yet lol need some piccys :)

sorting them out now for you.

here you go best i could get before my camera died

a pillar and sun visors you can just see at the top of photo

DSC01447.jpg

b pillar

DSC01448.jpg

roof lining

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

c pillar

DSC01451.jpg

ive still got to do the sunroof slide cover and spray all the interior bits black or grey to match the seatbelt tops

hope they help,any probs give us a shout

• 2 months later...
dont supose you made a walk through :D i only do electrics lol

no i can give a good talk or walk through if you want one or i have a spare c pillar that i can retrim and do a walk through

Hi mate, i suppose that you would know where the sunroof motor is, right? I need to replace mine as it is busted. How hard it is to remove the roof lining? You reckon that I will need to remove the whole lining or just a part of it. PLease let me know as I AM DESPERATE....Cheers

no i can give a good talk or walk through if you want one or i have a spare c pillar that i can retrim and do a walk through

Hi mate, i suppose that you would know where the sunroof motor is, right? I need to replace mine as it is busted. How hard it is to remove the roof lining? You reckon that I will need to remove the whole lining or just a part of it. PLease let me know as I AM DESPERATE....Cheers

Hi Aaron, just seen this post, I must have missed it when you posted the pictures. Job well done mate :D

What material did you use and what cost/supplier details etc ?

Also have you painted the Grab Hangles & interior light fixings ? If so what paint/supplier/cost etc.

Says a bit further up matey :whistling: Saw Aaron and his girlfriends work at the ACE Cafe meet, and a very tidy job, looks really nice too :D

Hi Aaron, just seen this post, I must have missed it when you posted the pictures. Job well done mate :D

What material did you use and what cost/supplier details etc ?

Also have you painted the Grab Hangles & interior light fixings ? If so what paint/supplier/cost etc.

no not painted anything yet gonna wait till its a bit warmer,

i got the roll of material off eBay really cheap prob about £12 (20m x 2m black faux suede).im gonna retrim the grab handles in the same stuff.

Says a bit further up matey :whistling: Saw Aaron and his girlfriends work at the ACE Cafe meet, and a very tidy job, looks really nice too :D

cheers chris

removing the roof lining is really easy just a few screws under the fixings and by the sun visors then pop out the pillar covers,its easier to remove the passenger seat if your having trouble sliding it out without bending it (i just folded the seat down cos im lazy)

I can't see any on E-bay for that price mate, how much would it take to do the roof and pillars etc ?

it was way earlier in the year when i bought it mate,but have seen loads cheap in the markets :winky: the roll i bought i still have loads left to do various bits like finishing my install

I can't see any on E-bay for that price mate, how much would it take to do the roof and pillars etc ?

it was way earlier in the year when i bought it mate,but have seen loads cheap in the markets :winky: the roll i bought i still have loads left to do various bits like finishing my install

Looks really cool mate. Did you take the original lining of and replace it with the new suede look alike or you glued it over it? Really clean job. Well done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links