Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

If Its Not One Thing Its Another

cd's go in and out fine, just dont play, thinks about it then the error1 comes up. how do i reset the ecu?

it sounds like a read error mate but not sure if you can use a cd cleaner in the unit to clean the laser, there was a post on here somewhere where one of the members took the top off the player and cleaned it by hand using cotton buds? :unsure: are you using original cd's??

Sounds like ERR1 is a dust/dirt issue then, good to know it can be sorted not like ERR3 which killed my OEM unit and many others.

BTW Phill if you have re-set your ECU it won't do any harm :D but may not fix your stereo :whistling: just trying to help with my limited knowledge :lol:

Sounds like ERR1 is a dust/dirt issue then, good to know it can be sorted not like ERR3 which killed my OEM unit and many others.

BTW Phill if you have re-set your ECU it won't do any harm :D but may not fix your stereo :whistling: just trying to help with my limited knowledge :lol:

Mate your knowledge is good enough for me! i just did what you said! Jobs a Good'n! works great again! thanks for your help dude!

another reason i've found with the errror1 is, if you check the edges of the cd's you use some of them are quite ruff so dont run too well in the unit and causes the disc to skip/jam then spin again causing the error to come up so make sure that the discs you use have a clean edge to them :winky:

Mate your knowledge is good enough for me! i just did what you said! Jobs a Good'n! works great again! thanks for your help dude!

Did I say limited meant Extended :whistling: would defo look at all the other fixes aswell tho as this may be short term ;)

Did I say limited meant Extended :whistling: would defo look at all the other fixes aswell tho as this may be short term ;)

yeh i will do, im gonna by a head cleaner tomoz, and i have a spare unit so as we speak im taking it apart to see how to get to the lens. finding it hard tho

Under the bonnet take out the ECTS and EFI fuses for around 30secs-1min then replace don't get themmixed up and make sure your keys are in your pocket or at least out of the ignition.

Are you sure about the ECTS and EFI fuses as it would be impossible to mix up those 2. There is a RADIO 1 fuse that could be mixed up with one of them. I tried a lens cleaner on mine and it made no difference.

The lens cleaner transformed my domestic CD. My advice on CD players is clean the lense BEFORE you go on the upgrade route as a HI FI retailer will not tell obout it for obvious reasons.

Under the bonnet take out the ECTS and EFI fuses for around 30secs-1min then replace don't get themmixed up and make sure your keys are in your pocket or at least out of the ignition.

Are you sure about the ECTS and EFI fuses as it would be impossible to mix up those 2. There is a RADIO 1 fuse that could be mixed up with one of them. I tried a lens cleaner on mine and it made no difference.

The lens cleaner transformed my domestic CD. My advice on CD players is clean the lense BEFORE you go on the upgrade route as a HI FI retailer will not tell obout it for obvious reasons.

What I meant was 1's a 25amp and 1's a 15 (I think) so don't get them mixed up and put them back in each others place, taking the radio fuse out won't re-set the ECU.

What I meant was 1's a 25amp and 1's a 15 (I think) so don't get them mixed up and put them back in each others place, taking the radio fuse out won't re-set the ECU.

Sorry Mate, I did not notice that there are 2 EFI fuses. Nevertheless I tried it but it made no difference, but it reset my clock. Thanks anyway

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links