Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Next Mod

Talisker

Hi there, I've been looking at buying a Camcon for a while.

But while looking on their website the 1G-FE engine isn't listed as compatible only the 2JZ-GE.

I'm sure a few of the guys on here have them on the 1G-FE engine, I just wanted to confirm this and ask if there was any special harness you had to buy, or is it a cut and splice job? I have no qualms about getting down and dirty with electrics.

And remember for best results you need some Dyno time on top of the parts cost.

Steve, from memory the Camcon is a VVT-I controller which then allows you to bring more torque in lower down and maybe better control the cams top end for a tiny bit more HP. This is all at the expense of petrol consumption i expect! There is a dyno map of an N/A one on here somewhere I think.

Thanks for the advice. I know i'll not gain any massive power improvements but from what i've read it allows the car a lot smoother controlled - and quicker - acceleration.

It just seems a waste the way the standard engine is set up. You really need to rev the b**locks off it to get better acceleration.

It'd be nice to get that performance from lower down the revs, that was my thinking behind wanting to get one of these little gizmos.

What i'd really like is a supercharger, but wouldn't we all.

• 5 weeks later...

Can you confirm the only mods you had before that could increase power are panel filter, ik20's and a blueflame exhaust? Was the 153.7BHP the before Camcon figure with these fitted? Do you have a dyno graph you could post with the figures?

cheers,

Ed

Can you confirm the only mods you had before that could increase power are panel filter, ik20's and a blueflame exhaust? Was the 153.7BHP the before Camcon figure with these fitted? Do you have a dyno graph you could post with the figures?

It mentions a de-restricted airbox in his signature too.

Why do the "willy wavers" always go on about BHP.

The Hyabusa engine in standard form is about 160 Bhp and the Blackbird around the same, good as an IS200 engine on paper then?

Well fit a 1.3 litre 160 Bhp engine in your car and go for it, will it do the same job? No, well why not?

When you have the answer you will have enlightened yourself somewhat.

Why do the "willy wavers" always go on about BHP.

The Hyabusa engine in standard form is about 160 Bhp and the Blackbird around the same, good as an IS200 engine on paper then?

Well fit a 1.3 litre 160 Bhp engine in your car and go for it, will it do the same job? No, well why not?

When you have the answer you will have enlightened yourself somewhat.

were not "going on" about bhp just sayin its a very big increase for the bit of kit.

And yes of course its not just the bhp, its the torque and the power range as well for a start.

The hayabusa may well be 160bhp but that'll need to be revved to what 10,000rpm?

were not "going on" about bhp just sayin its a very big increase for the bit of kit.

I agree big claim

And yes of course its not just the bhp, its the torque and the power range as well for a start.

Where is the end?

The hayabusa may well be 160bhp but that'll need to be revved to what 10,000rpm?

And the rest so why would it be crap in a car?

I think the assumption is that if there's a bhp increase, then there will probably be a corresponding torque increase. I don't know if that assumption is correct, but I find it hard to imagine engine mods making the bhp go up but the torque not improving.

It's nearly correct just the wrong way round, if you increase torque at a given number of revs you increase the power at those revs. No more torque no more power.

I think the assumption is that if there's a bhp increase, then there will probably be a corresponding torque increase. I don't know if that assumption is correct, but I find it hard to imagine engine mods making the bhp go up but the torque not improving.

It's nearly correct just the wrong way round, if you increase torque at a given number of revs you increase the power at those revs. No more torque no more power.

Yes, so the other way round is true as well surely ? If the bhp has gone up then the torque must have gone up too ? So to be interested in a bhp increase is fine surely ?

Sorry, I don't understand what's wrong with being interested in a bhp increase (going back to your "willy wavers" comment), given that it'll be accompanied by a torque increase.

Well i understand Mac why a hyabusa engine would be useless in a car as there is f all torque but the BHP figure is because of the very high revs, 15k is it? The thing is the camcon is not raising the rev limit on the car so the increase in BHP has to be a torque increase. However i did ask if there was a graph available for his car as then we could see where the torque increases are.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links