Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard Is200 Sport Springs

Dego

Yes they will fit.

Will lower by up to 25mm dependant upon year of the donor car.

As for price it would depend on who you get to fit them. I would guess about 2-3 hours worth of labour though.

Cheers for the swift replies lads :D I was thinking of this mod because it could be much cheaper than most lowering springs and dampers. However the standard sport springs may not lower the car by as much as those. 25mm max??? Is it worth it? What do you's think, bearing in mind that the S model has smaller wheels than the sport. Would 25mm be noticable? I will eventually be getting new rims in the future but on the long finger for now. One job at a time :whistling:

I think it's approx 25mm. Monster Mat would know if they can be swapped directly,

but I would guess it could be possible. 1-2 hours labour tops.

Have a look here for more info on lowering the IS200

15mm i thought?

Problem free they can be replaced in an hour........ ish :whistling:

yep it is only 15mm

Thought that the early (pre 2000/1) were 15mm and post that were 25mm. There are defo two heights according to age.

1 man hour to change 4 springs, all on your own Tony, no outside assistance from Ferrari or McLaren. Let me know next time you are doing some and I will come and time you :lol:

I think it's approx 25mm. Monster Mat would know if they can be swapped directly,

but I would guess it could be possible. 1-2 hours labour tops.

Have a look here for more info on lowering the IS200

15mm i thought?

yep it is only 15mm

Thought that the early (pre 2000/1) were 15mm and post that were 25mm. There are defo two heights according to age.

1 man hour to change 4 springs, all on your own Tony, no outside assistance from Ferrari or McLaren. Let me know next time you are doing some and I will come and time you :lol:

Blimey it's hardly the Hubble mirror by comparison, most of the time is stripping the boot anyway.....

And don't even talk to me about Ferrari, once your over the few hundred BHP and shiny paint they are a crock of (edited)

Not just Tony, as I stated above I know someone who can replace 4 suspension units on an IS200

in less than an hour, so between 1-2 hours for replacing the springs.

I agree for 4 "suspension units" with no knackered bits, 1 hour is a piece of ***** mate.

With a "fair wind" as they say, add another 15 mins per spring change takes you to 2 hours all in.

Next bit is allow for the F Factor (Not the TV Show), and the bill could well come to 3 hours of labour IMHO.

I'm starting to think it's probably a better idea to just save up for a good set of 35mm lowering springs, seen some for about £175. I heard that 35mm was ok with standard dampers, sound right to you guys??? Would changing to 18" rims offset the speedo calibration at all?

I'm starting to think it's probably a better idea to just save up for a good set of 35mm lowering springs, seen some for about £175. I heard that 35mm was ok with standard dampers, sound right to you guys??? Would changing to 18" rims offset the speedo calibration at all?

I'm pretty sure Eibach, TTE & even PI springs are cheaper than that. See eBay ;) or call lexus themseleves I believe they sell them for around £140ish but I maybe corrected by someone more in the know :)

You can get :-

Gmax -25 for £110 inc postage

SPAX -25MM for £126.inc postage

APEX -35mm for £139 inc postage

TEIN S TECH -35MM FRONT -23REAR for £150 inc postage

all on ebay^^

Not sure on the cost of the Eibach/TTE (same springs) but IIRC there about £140 a set? so does pay too have a shop around :whistling:

The 18" wheels should'nt make any difference if you have the right size tyres fitted to them :)

Regarding the speedo, 18's won't make much difference depending on the width of the Tyres fitted.

The width & aspect ratio/profile make a difference to the rolling radius/outside circumferance, and

as that is directly connected (via the drivetrain) back to the gearbox (where the speedo is driven from),

any increase in the circumference of the wheel/tyre package will alter the speedo.

The speedo reads slightly fast anyway, I have found with a 255/40/18 setup on the rear, the speedo

is only 3-4 mph less than the GPS/Sat-Nav reading at speeds around 70mph, the faster you go the bigger

the gap. At an indicated 30mph it is about 28mph via GPS with this set up.

Hope this helps ya.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links