Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 Wheel Geometry

Desperately need the geometry sorting on the risto as the wear on the rears is awful to say the least, don't think its ever been corrected post coilovers and 19s. So i am looking for a good and reputable place to go in the birmingham/coventry area.

Also to do a proper geo check do the wheels you intend to run need to be on the car as one of the rears blew today and the alloy buckled so do i need to wait post refurb.

Personally would make the trip to WIM but if you don't want to do the mileage there's a place called centre of gravity in atherstone

thats handy as i live in tamworth cheers for that. I would prefer to go to tony bones but this is kinda an emergency i don't want to be putting more rubber on with this type of wear

Personally would make the trip to WIM but if you don't want to do the mileage there's a place called centre of gravity in atherstone

thats handy as i live in tamworth cheers for that. I would prefer to go to tony bones but this is kinda an emergency i don't want to be putting more rubber on with this type of wear

Whats the going rate for a 4 wheel alignment and adjust on all 4 wheels ?

What about Drury lane in Manchester is that too far away?

Should be about £100.

Stav

About 100 miles to WIM. Manchester must be about the same distance.

Should be about £100.

Stav

About 100 miles to WIM. Manchester must be about the same distance.

its not the distance its the etime taken to get there and the fact i have no opportunity due to being absolutely maxed out with projects at work

in an ideal world without a doubt it would be a trip to wim. Theres every chance when i get the opportunity i'll go get it double checked there anyhow

Well the geometry is done and dusted and my god was it needed. The car no longer feels like its trying to kill me and its not a constant fight with the steering on a knifedge ( center of gravity called the rear set up a widowmaker )

Spent 4 hours with Chris at CoG setting up the car and was well impressed, his knowledge and thoroughness in the evaluation and set up was superb and he was more than happy to talk me through the alterations and what i wanted to use the car for.

I haven't really had the chance to try it out fully yet as i'm still a bit hesitant due to the handling prior to the geo and the fact the back alloys aren't the correct ones until i get a replacement, but the car is well planted now goes where its aimed and no longer fights me for direction.

If you live in the midlands area i would recommend Center of Gravity without hesitation.

the end results are attached the only caveat to it is i need to get some camber adjusters for the rear in the future as the adjustment was at max to dial out the camber

paul_power_toyota_aristo_131108_picture_1_.pdf

paul_power_toyota_aristo_131108_table_1_.pdf

Should be about £100.

Stav

That's in the region of what Tony would charge, but it's not what Drury Lane would charge - I can vouch for that. For 100 miles I'd definitely go to WIM, I'm 200+ miles away.

Should be about £100.

Stav

That's in the region of what Tony would charge, but it's not what Drury Lane would charge - I can vouch for that. For 100 miles I'd definitely go to WIM, I'm 200+ miles away.

I had my geometry done at Drury Lane a few weeks back (my report actually says JZS161 Aristo settings rather then GS300 but don't think it makes a difference.) Had some work done so need lots of adjustment front and rear. Rear camber adjusters are at maximum but still within spec. Cost me £94 inc Vat

I have heard lots of rave reviews about Centre of Gravity from the MKIV Supra Club and Maneesh had his GS300 setup by them when he got all his Tein suspension stuff, so they are really good! :D

I had my geometry done at Drury Lane a few weeks back (my report actually says JZS161 Aristo settings rather then GS300 but don't think it makes a difference.) Had some work done so need lots of adjustment front and rear. Rear camber adjusters are at maximum but still within spec. Cost me £94 inc Vat

That's very interesting I paid £140 + VAT. Think my car was quite straightforward to do apart from one corner which was a problem. I thought that was a bit steep to be honest.

Also they quoted me to replace the bent suspension arm, they wanted £280+VAT. Part was £110 they said so £170 for three hours labour. A bit rich for my blood that. I took it to my usual place and paid £170 all in.

Must admit I never use Drury Lane for any kind of mechanical work (happy with my current garage) so didn't know that those were the labour rates. Last time I asked labour was £40 hour, mind you, they have just become a Bosch Approved Service centre so maybe they are charging customers more because of it?

Must admit I never use Drury Lane for any kind of mechanical work (happy with my current garage) so didn't know that those were the labour rates. Last time I asked labour was £40 hour, mind you, they have just become a Bosch Approved Service centre so maybe they are charging customers more because of it?

There seem to be more and more places becoming Bosch Approved Centres. Have used one in Coventry for wife's car and they actually seem cheaper since getting this Bosch accreditation.

Could be just a coincidence I suppose.

Those cambers are deep aren't they, i assume your getting adjusters for the front as well...... Anyway how much did it cost?

yes will be adjustment all round but the main thing is it now feels safe price was £200 and i was there for about 4 hours. Problem is now i've forgotten the name of the camber adjusters i was supposed to look at :tomato:

He also mentioned you Tony said you had some interesting conversations lol i bet theres a protractor and a slide rule in there somewhere ;)

Those cambers are deep aren't they, i assume your getting adjusters for the front as well...... Anyway how much did it cost?

yes will be adjustment all round but the main thing is it now feels safe price was £200 and i was there for about 4 hours. Problem is now i've forgotten the name of the camber adjusters i was supposed to look at :tomato:

He also mentioned you Tony said you had some interesting conversations lol i bet theres a protractor and a slide rule in there somewhere ;)

Speak to Prolex about the adjusters, they have some good stuff.

Drury, amongst others used to be one of our "trusted centres" but i dropped this recommendation last year for all of them. The simple reason was i didn't have the time to police them since i needed to concentrate on my own business.

Recently i contacted Paul and complained about their prices, not just for Lexus but other cars, their workmanship is exemplary no question there but at what price.....

Drury, amongst others used to be one of our "trusted centres" but i dropped this recommendation last year for all of them. The simple reason was i didn't have the time to police them since i needed to concentrate on my own business.

Recently i contacted Paul and complained about their prices, not just for Lexus but other cars, their workmanship is exemplary no question there but at what price.....

That's good of you to speak to them about their prices.

What bothered me was 3 hours labour equalling £170+VAT. 170 doesn't cleanly divide by three does it? Which made me suspicious that they were trying to pull my pants down!

That's good of you to speak to them about their prices.

What bothered me was 3 hours labour equalling £170+VAT. 170 doesn't cleanly divide by three does it? Which made me suspicious that they were trying to pull my pants down!

The job doesn't take three hours anyway?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links