Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning LOC ! :D

The car I was going to test has been sold so......I am off, in a few minutes, to test a 2008 is250 SE L MM etc etc! :o Won't be buying a new one, but ill then source a nearly new version all being well.

Greig

Update.

Well I went for the test drive in the is 250.

Brief thoughts: Overall I loved the car, with minor reservations. :D Smaller than i had in my head from the initial look at an IS, but I can live with that. Not as much space in the rarely used rear seats, but fine. Gearbox feals nice and more responsive than my last auto. Paddle shift seems gimicky in this level of car............but i loved the clutchless changes!! :whistling: Handling seems nice in the time I had the car. Finish looks and feels superb! I want a Lexus.

Unfortunately, the only car they have is, I believe, over priced and have found two of the same age (within 2 months )and spec, 2k less and less milage!! This is a demo car and they may not have a margin in it, but come on! To top it all the bid on mine is the best part of 1k off "average" book price. The car is average at very worst IMHO So i walked saying i will think it over. :unsure:

I will give them a chance as the other cars are some distance away, but it's not just a few hundred quid!

I did not want to deal with AC as i had a horrendous time a number of years ago with them, and the less said about a friends nearly new Corsa .......the better, but i felt with Lexus I could be more relaxed in dealing with them. I hope I am still right. I know prices/trade in values are not the same as say hassle with them after buying, but the alarm bells are ringing.

I can however state that the sales staff are the best i have come accross in an AC dealership and have been superb and no complaints there. I may not from them because of prices, but it wont be because of the staff.

Cheers

Greig

I did not want to deal with AC as i had a horrendous time a number of years ago with them
Very wise. Having lived in Scotland for several years, I know a number of people who didn't have good expereinces with them.

Hope the hunt for your new Lexus goes well.

My neighbour, on my recommendation has just bought a Black IS250 SEL Auto with MM from his company (owned and serviced by them).

45,000 mls, 2006/56 plate (with the side by side boot and fuel switches) - guess how much?

£13770! At that price it's a bargain...without doubt the best VFM small exec around...You should be getting a newish one for around £25k TBH, I wouldn't pay much more than that all...

Just checkout www.drivethedeal.co.uk - new one with MM and Met paint = £33k ish. DTD are offering a £6269 discount, largely 'cos of the Credit Lunch and the new 09 MY just around the corner, which means you should be bargaining for a new one for £26.5k.

So a nearly new '58 shouldn't cost more than £25k! For that sort of money, there is only one choice...

£13770! At that price it's a bargain...without doubt the best VFM small exec around. You should be getting a newish one for around £25k TBH, I wouldn't pay much more than that all...A cousin of mine bought an 06 220d SEL (no MM) from auction for similar money (£13000ish)...

That is a bargain - especially as he'll know exactly how well it's been maintained and still under original manufacturers warranty.........

I'm shocked that one of your relatives bought a 220d though - is it a cousin you never speak to? :o :P

£13770! At that price it's a bargain...without doubt the best VFM small exec around. You should be getting a newish one for around £25k TBH, I wouldn't pay much more than that all...A cousin of mine bought an 06 220d SEL (no MM) from auction for similar money (£13000ish)...

That is a bargain - especially as he'll know exactly how well it's been maintained and still under original manufacturers warranty.........

I'm shocked that one of your relatives bought a 220d though - is it a cousin you never speak to? :o :P

Shocking isn't it - I don't see them that often - that last time he saw me was when I had just got my Lexus. He doesn't like the "drive" as he put it :shutit:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again

Well I got one! Lots of calls, chats, some visits to other dealers and in the end I got a good deal on an IS 250 SE-L MM and paid well below the ticket price. Got a good-ish deal on the Honda as well so i'm a happy camper!

Pick it up a week on Saturday!! Just the wait now............................ :whistling: Anyone for cards.................... :blink:

Greig : :D :D

Hi Again

Well I got one! Lots of calls, chats, some visits to other dealers and in the end I got a good deal on an IS 250 SE-L MM and paid well below the ticket price. Got a good-ish deal on the Honda as well so i'm a happy camper!

Pick it up a week on Saturday!! Just the wait now............................ :whistling: Anyone for cards.................... :blink:

Greig : :D :D

nice one :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links