Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From A New Owner!

Hey,

Quick hello to everyone here! I've been a Forum Member for quite a while now but never got round to posting anything - mainly because I switched marques and have only just come back! ^_^

Anyway, I picked my car at the weekend from Lexus Norwich and I'm sooooo impressed! Love it to bits! It's a RX300 SE-L on a '04 plate but it feels brand new!

Couple of questions for you guys:

1). Had to reset the windows as the button lights were flashing. Guessing the dealer disconnected the Battery at some point. Apart from the reset I'm presuming I don't need to do anything else (e.g. no extra dealer 'coding', etc.) ??

2). The roof rails & rear wiper joint - both corroding. What do you think my chances are in getting these sorted under the Lexus AUC Warranty?

Cheers & hope to speak to you all soon!

Hey,

Quick hello to everyone here! I've been a Forum Member for quite a while now but never got round to posting anything - mainly because I switched marques and have only just come back! ^_^

Anyway, I picked my car at the weekend from Lexus Norwich and I'm sooooo impressed! Love it to bits! It's a RX300 SE-L on a '04 plate but it feels brand new!

Couple of questions for you guys:

1). Had to reset the windows as the button lights were flashing. Guessing the dealer disconnected the battery at some point. Apart from the reset I'm presuming I don't need to do anything else (e.g. no extra dealer 'coding', etc.) ??

2). The roof rails & rear wiper joint - both corroding. What do you think my chances are in getting these sorted under the Lexus AUC Warranty?

Cheers & hope to speak to you all soon!

hi welcome to loc . :)

worth asking

Right-O.

You need to understand that the AUC does NOT cover items like corrosion (ordinarily). And they will argue that this is trim. had the same happen to us when we bought our RX (roof rails corroding) BUT had the Dealer note corrosion prior to us signing for purchase - this meant a few months down the road when corrosion had truly set in, getting them replaced wasn't too much a problem (did post back my experiences so do a forum search). Be warned, the roof rails cost circa £800 to buy and about half hours labour to fit.

I'd suggest you complain to the supplying dealer about the corrosion sharpish and get them to sort it FOC - leave it much longer and you'll be in trouble.

The RX is a very easy vehicle to live with. You will truly enjoy it. if you are a dab-hand with a spanner then maintenance is easy on these - especially as they aren't too easy on the brakes ;)

Welcome to the LOC :)

Right-O.

You need to understand that the AUC does NOT cover items like corrosion (ordinarily). And they will argue that this is trim. had the same happen to us when we bought our RX (roof rails corroding) BUT had the Dealer note corrosion prior to us signing for purchase - this meant a few months down the road when corrosion had truly set in, getting them replaced wasn't too much a problem (did post back my experiences so do a forum search). Be warned, the roof rails cost circa £800 to buy and about half hours labour to fit.

I'd suggest you complain to the supplying dealer about the corrosion sharpish and get them to sort it FOC - leave it much longer and you'll be in trouble.

The RX is a very easy vehicle to live with. You will truly enjoy it. if you are a dab-hand with a spanner then maintenance is easy on these - especially as they aren't too easy on the brakes ;)

Welcome to the LOC :)

Ahh crap. This does not sound good at all :angry:

I did make a note on the delivery form when collecting it though. I'm booked in with my local dealer (Leicester) on Friday so lets see what they say - may even bring the appointment forward to tomm. as this is scaring me now.

It certainly isn't worth spending £800 (or even half that!). Worse case scenario - they don't cough up. My main worry is that the rust goes to the roof! So...how easy are they to remove? I know a friend who can powder coat items (he does wheels, bikes and all sorts of things) so was thinking that I remove them and get them sorted myself. Hopefully it won't leave a hole in the roof while they are off the car...

The roof rails are not difficult to remove, take off corner/end cover and you will be faced with two bolts (IIRC?) easily undone and removed. If you are lucky enough to have mates able to powder-coat then it might be possible alternative to you pressing Lexus to replace them - altho' I am not sure if the material of the roof rails lend themselves to this process?

Let us know how you do get on tho'!

The roof rails are not difficult to remove, take off corner/end cover and you will be faced with two bolts (IIRC?) easily undone and removed. If you are lucky enough to have mates able to powder-coat then it might be possible alternative to you pressing Lexus to replace them - altho' I am not sure if the material of the roof rails lend themselves to this process?

Let us know how you do get on tho'!

Approved Lexus purchases you can return car within a month so they can either fix or you can hand car back.

If rust moved to bodywork then that would be covered by warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links