Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm a big fan of the 430 too - that's why I bought one! Great car...

I actually did use the power today as well, road from Dorking to Horsham is a very pleasant drive, and turns into a series of 2 miles stretches of dual-carriageway with some roundabouts breaking it up. Traction control had a workout coming off a couple of the roundabouts, wriggle from the back, it backs off the power a touch, then woomf!! up the road :D :D :D

:lol: Nice ,I'll be using mine tomorrow at 3am around the m25,when i take my daughters to the airport :lol: would like to see yours at one of the meets,coz i'm the only 430 at these meets,got to be more 430 owners. :lol: maybe at ace cafe on 20 Dec,anyway enjoy :lol: cheers

Yeah I have been to a meet - it was good to put names to faces and to meet people and their cars! Unfortunately I always seem to be busy at weekends :( Even DJ Wozza has given up PM'ing me when the meets are! :blush:

I'm a big fan of the 430 too - that's why I bought one! Great car...

I actually did use the power today as well, road from Dorking to Horsham is a very pleasant drive, and turns into a series of 2 miles stretches of dual-carriageway with some roundabouts breaking it up. Traction control had a workout coming off a couple of the roundabouts, wriggle from the back, it backs off the power a touch, then woomf!! up the road :D :D :D

:lol: Nice ,I'll be using mine tomorrow at 3am around the m25,when i take my daughters to the airport :lol: would like to see yours at one of the meets,coz i'm the only 430 at these meets,got to be more 430 owners. :lol: maybe at ace cafe on 20 Dec,anyway enjoy :lol: cheers

Yeah I have been to a meet - it was good to put names to faces and to meet people and their cars! Unfortunately I always seem to be busy at weekends :( Even DJ Wozza has given up PM'ing me when the meets are! :blush:

No worries,anytime,or when u make the meet ,i'll try to be there ;) ,We need more GS's at the meeting,coz all we see are IS's.Cheers, B)

• 5 weeks later...

Well ... just got to join in the GS430 debate! I've got a 2000 / X GS430SE - bought it about 7 months ago and paid £3950 for it from a dealer. It's by far and above the best car I've ever owned and that's quite a few including some exotica. They are rare (which is good) but 'seek and ye shall find'. I've had it converted to run on LPG so I'm getting the equivalent of 40mpg for a car that goes like stink and makes me smile every time I get in it. Have fun as and when you get one - you won't regret waiting for the 430!

I'm in the trade so will keep an eye for one - my trade suppliers site have two listed but they are 03/53 and 04, so a bit over your price.

Fantastic motors Robin. The brake master cylinder won't affect you if you buy one made after Oct 2000, when they were facelifted. The rear light cluster and front grille were changed and the SE was introduced.

The SE has always existed on the series II GS from 1998 onwards.

The difference between the sport and the se is that the sport has a different front grille and "touring car" style front bumper, a rear spoiler with brake light, cooler looking 18" alloys, "sport" logo etched on rear windows and front spoiler and firmer, lower suspension. Internally it has darker wood trim. If you can find a navigator model it's worth paying a few quid extra. This gives you touch-screen navigation, climate control, audio and other info. It really improves the front console and adds to the wow factor when others get into the car. Hope you find a good one!

The sport model history is a bit strange.

First came out in 1999 until Sept 2000 as GS300 sport.

It was then only available again around 2003 as either GS300 or GS430 sport.

Between those two there were modified SEs with a sports pack but they didn't have uprated suspension or roll-bars.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/...SPORT_144.shtml

Fantastic motors Robin. The brake master cylinder won't affect you if you buy one made after Oct 2000, when they were facelifted. The rear light cluster and front grille were changed and the SE was introduced.

The SE has always existed on the series II GS from 1998 onwards.

The SE was available on GS430 from Oct. 2000 onwards Colin. Look at your own link below!

post #32

Here are details of the Oct 2000 facelift changes

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=69&c=3

I was referring to the 300 SE.

FYI, the very first GS430 SEs didn't have memory seats

Yes, sorry didn't realise you meant the 300SE, took it to mean 430 as thread was GS430 Variants.

Mine is late 2002 SE Nav, 18" sport wheels. Memory seat is only driver on mine though :sad:

They were never available with a passenger memory seat. However the early 430s didn't have a drivers memory seat either. Certainly all the X reg ones I've seen didn't.

If you ask Lexus they say they decided to change the spec, even though all the product information specifies memory seat. I actually believe there was a mess up at the factory or Lexus decided to save a few £££ and get all their early demonstrators without this option.

• 8 months later...
Well ... just got to join in the GS430 debate! I've got a 2000 / X GS430SE - bought it about 7 months ago and paid £3950 for it from a dealer. It's by far and above the best car I've ever owned and that's quite a few including some exotica. They are rare (which is good) but 'seek and ye shall find'. I've had it converted to run on LPG so I'm getting the equivalent of 40mpg for a car that goes like stink and makes me smile every time I get in it. Have fun as and when you get one - you won't regret waiting for the 430!

I'm in the trade so will keep an eye for one - my trade suppliers site have two listed but they are 03/53 and 04, so a bit over your price.

I'm interested in getting a GS 430 at the moment. Can you guys share your experiences with me please? Especially if you've converted your car to run on LPG. Many Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links