Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deal With The Devil...

Sorry if I'm already asking a question that's been addressed elsewhere in the thread (although I did have a look and couldn't find it). But is this a custom-built turbo (i.e. the turbocharger itself) ? If so, why as opposed to an off-the-shelf one ?

Just curious, not trying to say there's anything wrong with that.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a hybrid, meaning it spools up quicker and allows more headroom for boost, also it has a steel shaft rather than the ceramic one that MR2's normally get, again to allow more boost. Only the later UK Spec GT4's had steel tubbys as standard AFAIK.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't believe in working on my own car :D

Update:

Diff and Axels replaced to Altezza RS200 LSD (4.1:1). Should make it quicker off the line B)

Stereo (amps etc) now fitted

Tacho converter should be on sometime this week, it only arrived from the USA yesterday.

turbo not back from repair yet (as of yesterday) :tsktsk: bank holidays.

Turbo should be back on today!! I am letting James at TGT drive a good few miles in it, as an extended shake down test, we don't want a repeat of this little annoyance. I think the tuner will also have another run in it to double check the maps now the car has been run in.

Can't wait to get her back.

That is great news!

I saw your car at TGT at the weekend and it is amazing. You have got yourself a great car, Yeldarb.

Thanks mate!!

Its been a while in the making, but the best things come to those who wait, or so I'm told!!

LOL even fight at the pod then, 1bar each.

Really looking forward to Sunday excited to see what they both do.

Stav

nice one mate, good to see you got it all done and up and running now, please get a video of yours cars at the Pod :winky: raceing :winky: be good to see what times i have to beat hehe B) when i get my IS back on the road in the comeing weeks

And the alternator has just failed on me. New recon unit, not even a used one so lord only knows why. No charge at all coming out of it, brushes OK, but I can't test the Diodes (as I don't know how to). But deff. not working.

James is sending a replacement in the post so should get that tomorrow. Problem is time now, I am vary booked at work and fitting it at night is not going to be easy...............

I could have got one today and got the car running this afternoon but Toyota wanted 450+Vat for an alternator, where as waiting till tomorrow although a pain in the rear to get it fitted in time for Sunday won't cost anything.

Old one will be sent back so the re-builder can investigate what went wrong. Lucky it wasn't in an MR2 Turbo because you have to drop the exhaust and subframe to remove the alt. thats a big job.

There is loads of room in my engine bay so at least I stand half a chance getting it replaced even if light fails me. I will get to the Pod even if I have to push the thing :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links