Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trackers

dlayen

a friend of mine has an audi rs4 and he's close to giving it back as it's only 18 months old butlost so much value and the finance is greater than the current value of the car.

he's after a few more weeks us before giving it back but wonders if the finance co. can activate the tracker fitted in it to trace the car

I'd have thought they could only activate it if it was stolen mate?

Not sure what he's worried about here - do you mean he just wants to take it back to the garage and cancel the PCP agreement at the 50% mark?

Ouch! I guess that is the risk they take with PCP mate - once you've paid half you can walk - sometimes you lose and in this case looks like your mate will win big time :D

why would he want to accivate the tracker, is it so he can find out which forecourt its on and go and buy it back?

i dont think they will accivate it as it sends out a signal and it will be picked up by the police,

if he wants to but it it may be worth having a word with the finance company or the agent they send to collect the car, i did this years ago and he told me which auction he was dropping it off at

I'm not sure if I'm getting this right, but your friend wants to terminate the agreement by invoking the 50% clause, but hang on to the car for a few extra weeks?

Unless they agree to that, then yes they probably would activate the tracker if they could, but it depends on who's name the tracker is in.

@Gord, yep if they don't deactivate the car's security systems and the car is moved, then the tracker is activated. On the several occasions my brother's BMW has been on a tow truck, everytime he gets a call from Tracker when it gets put on the truck.

It depends entirely on the tracker and the contract with it. What type tracker and what contract?

If the finance company own the tracker contract in their name, and it is of the type you log onto their website and see where the vehicle is at any time then yes. Even if they don't own the contract but had the details, if they are a bit naughty they could be watching anyway. Some track mileage using this method too.

i would be very surprised if they recovered it after one missed payment, most places would look to take the paymnet again after 14 days form when the payment was due and send letters out to that effect.

However, will missing a payment invoke any clauses on the finance plan with penalties and so forth?

geoffers

that was my thinking that they monitor the cars too,

the finance is with audi finance and the tracker was fitted at the audi dealership before it was collected so i'm sure they keep on record the details

I'd have thought with this mate he'll need to terminate the deal at the dealers or via paperwork and they'd pick it up or he'd have to drop it off - until it's gone he should be able to use it as he likes?

Don't just stop the direct debit though - you have to inform them so that they can do the relevant paperwork and go through the relevant processes :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links