Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20k Service Due & Need New Brake Pads...

I'm in London and have my 20K service due, any recommendations on where to go and not get stung with the cost?

Also, I believe my brake pads need replacing (hopefully not discs) so can anyone recommend replacements I can source at a decent price? Dont fancy getting Lexus to do it so thought it would be best to buy and then try myself or get a mate to do it...

thanks all...

When I went through this conundrum with my RX, I decided to go genuine and phone around the dealers. In my case @ nearly 60K the [front] discs needed doing as well as pads. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be the ready supplies of OE stuff for Lexus like say you can for MB and BMW (think GSF or Euros).

I did my own changes, pretty straightforward on the RX - IS might be the same?

Thanks guys, think I need to get my service sorted and then see whether I need the brakes done... I do think they need doing as they look low and sounded a bit squeeky when I had the window open while going into a carpark... I'll see what the cost via PartsKing and eBay are...

Anyone got a recommendation for my service? Woodford seems to be the best bet at the moment in terms of price, at about £360...

thanks...

Have only dealt with Woodford on parts and found them to be polite, efficient and VERY competitive on parts (bought my front pads and discs for the RX from them). Never used them for servicing though. Other way to determine how competitive they may be - check what Lexus Hanley would charge and compare price from there. Also, I know I keep harping on about it, investigate whether or not you should invest in a LEXUS (note, not dealer specific but LEXUS) backed service plan for the next two or three services. Might work out surprisingly cheaper for you.

Not knowing what mileages the 4 services cover I can't really say.

I would suggest you see what Lexus hanley will charge for the 4 services and see if the Service Package saves you any money. Thats what I did when I bought my package...worked out buy two get one free (50/60/70 services for the RX).

lexus bham quoted me 1000 for my is250 sport auto for 4 services...good or bad??

I would say BAD

Mine cost £150 for 10k, and £290 for 20k - so over 40k I would have estimated £920ish - but does the £1000 cover brakes too??

If not, it's not worth it...they take all yer money up front and the discount sounds like a joke (i.e. there isn't one)...

lexus bham quoted me 1000 for my is250 sport auto for 4 services...good or bad??

I would say BAD

Mine cost £150 for 10k, and £290 for 20k - so over 40k I would have estimated £920ish - but does the £1000 cover brakes too??

If not, it's not worth it...they take all yer money up front and the discount sounds like a joke (i.e. there isn't one)...

rang lexus hanley..waiting on them to ring me back..brian wasnt there. the intial price on the plan from birmingham was £1200 and after "discount" £1026. in mean time will ring bham to ask what it includes as well as mileage...

I would say BAD

rang lexus hanley..waiting on them to ring me back..brian wasnt there. the intial price on the plan from birmingham was £1200 and after "discount" £1026. in mean time will ring bham to ask what it includes as well as mileage...

Chandru - I recall a member on here had a 2 year deal for £1200 which was fully inclusive (which I think is a ripoff).

Read the small print...

Essentially there are TWO types of service plans: Dealer Backed (which they will do their best to sell you) and the Lexus GB one. The latter allows you to take your Lexus ANYWHERE for service.

Depending on your car you MAY be eligible for a Service + Maintenance or Service only.

Buying an AUC means you can ONLY buy a Lexus GB Service ONLY. It will pay for ALL service and consumables ONLY. If your car is new(er) then you can opt for tyres and brakes to be covered also.

You HAVE TO ask the RIGHT questions to get the RIGHT answers and thereby the price.

So if you get quoted £1k it MAY seem expensive, but if it covers tyres and brakes - sounds reasonable?

My own service pack proved very cost effective and meant that I paid for 2 services and got 1 free - and it included the 60K service. total price I paid for my Service Pack was £606; when you consider the 60K service can cost you anywhere around £400 only...made sense for me.

(I have only used CAPITALS to emphasise the importance and not for shouting:) )

well hanley have quoted 875 for 4 year services incl. vat, parts and labour - excl wear n tear items i.e. brakes etc.

bham have quoted 1026, again same policy as hanley incl vat, labour n parts.

both are dealer backed and not Lexus backed. So i will ring bham to see if they can price match..and see what they say. thought someone on here said pads/discs were covered under warranty?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links