Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I recently purchased the 2007/08 Sat Nav update CD for my car from www.Cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk the cost was £128.49 including p&P

What I got was nothing short of a rip off , a cheap copy of the original CD alongside a separate booklet.

This was posted to me in an A4 bubble wrap envelope with £1.24 in postage on it... They charged me £9.49 !

lex.jpg

Yep thats it ! All for just £128.49

Ooops...Sorry doesn't include the jewel case !

Off to trading standards tomorrow.

If that's definitely not how they come I'd send it back and ask for a refund!

Might be worth dropping them an email to see what they say - if that's not supposed to be how they come and they won't give you a refund then report them to trading standards.

Maybe Lexus discontinued the CD and so the only ones you can get now are copies - but if so it's cheeky selling copies at full price!

Ok I have had a very quick reply from CTP

Dear Mark,

These discs are sent directly by our supplier to you, we don't see them.

Firstly the Nav Discs should be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery costing us around £6 (that's what we are invoiced for) we charge everything under 10 kilos at £9.49 fixed rate.

Secondly you should have received an Original Disc with Original Booklet, could you please email me a picture of what you have received ?

We have certainly paid for Originals, and if we have not had them supplied then i need evidence so i can take issue with our supplier.

I have not had a complaint about these discs before, and we have supplied a lot of them via this supplier , the last one that was returned to us due to non-delivery certainly was Original with Original Booklet.

Ok I have to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, will however keep you informed.

Last year in Feb or March I purchased a 2007/ 2008 nav CD for my LS400 aswell, from CheapToyotaParts, I think it was just under £100 with my gold member discount. The Nav CD I got through the post was the genuine original Item all nicely packaged and never opened. I also remeber paying about £5 for delivery. I had no problems with their dealing (I spoke to a Gentleman called Chris if i recall correctly).

I think best think it to trun to them for an original. Their supplier might be pulling a fast one over them.

Please beware of using a copied nav CD. I remember reading on this forum that the most common repair Lexus dealers have for Nav units is ones which have a copied disc stuck in them. Apparently its not just the maps which are newer on the CD. The disc also updates the firmware toa newer version by flashing it on to the ECU when you insert it for the 1st time. If that isnt burn onto the CD correctly (perhaps a bit like the boot sector of a bootable CD) the ECU freezes and the CD gets stuck in there. I've not tried it mydelf but not worth the risk given the cost of repairs :)

I remeber i saved approx £50 by going to cheap toyota parts. Even my local lexus dealer was not able to say if i would get the latest 2007-2008 disc when i asked them which version they would supply me with, so i didnt want to order from lexus dealer even if they had the same price.

Well going on GoldfingerLS`s advice I didnt try the CD and therefore saw no point in trying to copy it either.

I would much prefer an original disc but this will be from Lexus.

I have sent the CD and booklet back to them and I am still awaiting the promised refund.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links