Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Strut Brace

Hando

I'm looking for a front strut brace for my 300. It has to have room for a K&N induction kit too.

The prolex one doesn't fit the 300.

There are a few on eBay but they seem to be made of tin foil.

Any 300 owners can point me at some good sources in uk?

thanks

al

ive been looking for a decent one as well, i have found this one but its in america, its carbon fibre but they also do a metal one as well but they are not cheap... only reason i aint got one yet

heres a link to it. http://jdmultimate.com/jicmagic/jicstrut-t...f/i-109504.aspx

has anyone got one of these are they any good?

are there any other is300 owners looking to get a front strut bar sometime soon? just want to get some ideas of numbers and maybe start yet another Group buy from someone if we get enough interest, then we can start to run it through with the mods if there is enough interest?

Just an update on this.

Dino and I did some research - and the problem is that there is very little clearance between the engine and the bonnet liner. So it is very hard to find a strut brace that doesn't either (a ) require removal of engine cover (something neither Dino and I want) or (b ) rubs against the bonnet liner.

Over at my.is the most recommended readily available strut brace is the JIC Magic but even that appears to be only 50/50 if it will clear the engine cover.

On top of that there's the fact that a strut brace will actually have minimal effect on handling (if any) unless you're tracking. So it becomes an expensive piece of engine bay bling.

Because of this - I have stopped looking for a strut brace for my 300 and am instead saving pennies for Hotchkis arbs - which will have massive effect on handling.

If anyone wants to pursue a 300 strut brace GB - then hopefully this info will be useful.

cheers

h

Just an update on this.

Because of this - I have stopped looking for a strut brace for my 300 and am instead saving pennies for Hotchkis arbs - which will have massive effect on handling.

you won't regret that choice mate!! they are fanatstic!!!

Just an update on this.

you won't regret that choice mate!! they are fanatstic!!!

Will is200 arbs fit a is300? and roughly whats the cost of the arbs?

Thanks

Singh182

Hey Hando, are you sourcing your Hotchkis ARBs from America or are there europe based suppliers... Have you any prices or web links...

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links