Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Mycar A Supercharger?

i was just wondering if my lexus is an original supercharger.

well i was getting some insurance quotes, when i typed the number plate it came up with 'LEXUS IS 200 SUPERCHARGER'

i dont think its a supercharger because on the documents it doesnt say 'supercharger'

its a basic car

no sat nav

no leather seats

no special badges

il post some pics of the engine soon

have my insurance comps. been ripping me off saying my car is a supercharger when its a basic model?

what should i do??

i was just wondering if my lexus is an original supercharger.

well i was getting some insurance quotes, when i typed the number plate it came up with 'LEXUS IS 200 SUPERCHARGER'

i dont think its a supercharger because on the documents it doesnt say 'supercharger'

its a basic car

no sat nav

no leather seats

no special badges

il post some pics of the engine soon

have my insurance comps. been ripping me off saying my car is a supercharger when its a basic model?

what should i do??

the supercharger could have been added by a previous owner and registered with the dvla.your car doesnt need to be top spec to have one fitted either as the charger was a add on but if you have got a charged up is200 all im goin to say is you lucky lucky fkuc'r!!!

the best bet is to post a pic up of the engine and we'll be able to tell you dude!!

I would doubt that insurance companies have been covering you for having a supercharger unless you specifically told them that it had one. What did you tell insurance companies the car was, something like "IS200 S", is that what it says on the registration document ?

It sounds like the basic "S" model. I wonder if someone has mistakenly thought "S" meant "Supercharger" ? :D

What info do you get back from this site if you put your reg in:

http://www.askmid.com

Weird how it's coming up as that if it doesn't have a charger!

If it's standard though it would be pretty quiet to be fair if you do have one.

We nee dpics of the engine bay!

If it's not there before you make a complaint ask them to insure you for an IS of the same age and see if there is any difference in cost, if so lodge a formal complaint when you've got the two figures and see what happens.

Saying that though surely you could just look on your existing documentation to see what you're insured for now as maybe you're insured for a standard car anyway?

well i told my new insuarnce company, they said they will check

iv just done a reg check again on auto trader

its came up with

Vehicle Registration Mark

SG52HAX

Make

LEXUS

Model

IS200 S

Transmission & fuel type

MANUAL 6 GEARS PETROL

Body Type

4 DOOR SALOON

Colour

SILVER

so the insurance company has fixd the problem of it being a supercharger, however now it says its silver when its grey lol

anyways tha wont be much of a prob

il still get pics

but im quite sure its not a supercharger

sh**

:tsktsk: :crybaby:

Sounds like the previous insurer maybe cocked it up so it was wrong on the MID site, could just be with it being an S it's picking the wrong model, I always usually don't use the reg and get a quote that way as I can pick the exact model then.

Don't worry about the colour, that's to do with the DVLA only having so many colours to choose from.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links