Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, I have had 2 new front tyres, balancing, tracking, new front brake discs and pads

but STILL it wobbles under breaking and also over 60mph.

Even if i break at 10mph the car gradually comes to a halt after jumping to a stop.

Can anybody help?! is it a brake issue? it wouldnt wobble under low speed if it was ball joints would it?

got 2 new tyres on it as well.

No creaking coming from front either........

Hi guys, I have had 2 new front tyres, balancing, tracking, new front brake discs and pads

Even if i break at 10mph the car gradually comes to a halt after jumping to a stop.

Can anybody help?! is it a brake issue? it wouldnt wobble under low speed if it was ball joints would it?

Check your bushes on bottom control arms. If they are wearing it could cause these problems. Not sure why it would be wobbling over 60mph tho but the bushes can cause the other things you are getting.

hi anuj and maneesh

i can't remember where i saw it, but i remember reading on a lexus forum site, could be the US one, that if the nuts aren't torqued correctly that could cause wheel to bobble.

:)

Hi, this sounds very much like a sticky brake caliper piston and a mildly warped disc. Mine had exactly the same problem and freeing the piston stopped it, although it seems to be back now :unsure: The GS is well known for this, some members replace the caliper with exchange units rather than overhaul.

HTH, Dave

Don't forget to check the simple things like tyre pressure - I had a wobble from 65-75 that had gradually been getting worse, fixed it this evening by pumping the tyres, turned out the pressure had dropped in both fronts to about 23psi since the new tyres went on a few months ago.

I would also say it sounds like a sticky piston in your brake capiler, you should get tem checked.

I have had the same issue (ont he left) and i think its back again :tsktsk: on the left!!!!!!

these get sticky calipers, always found the GS calipers to be crap... always had mine cleaned up a few times.

One day they will stick more and you will be getting a huge wobble as the disks are red hot almost

check for heat after a motorway drive.. if one is hotter than the other then you have the answer.

Hi guys, My brother has been in contact with a Lexus mechanic we know and its the lower suspension arms that are playing up!

Is there any recalls on these? It seems that 1997 GS300's were recalled because of this, reckon he tries to get this done under recall!?

Each part is £134 with a total for parts being £367 PLUS fitting.

Anybody changed theres before?!

Anuj

Hi guys, My brother has been in contact with a Lexus mechanic we know and its the lower suspension arms that are playing up!

Is there any recalls on these? It seems that 1997 GS300's were recalled because of this, reckon he tries to get this done under recall!?

Each part is £134 with a total for parts being £367 PLUS fitting.

Anybody changed theres before?!

Anuj

I thought that was the problem (#2 18Feb) You won't be able to get it done under recall after 12 years even if there was a recall. That will account for the car carrying on for a touch after you stop. The wear on the rubbers allows the body to move against the suspension. Can't see that it would be causing your other problem of a wobble though.

Hi anuj.

Glad the filter was Ok for you. The mounting would have been different on yours because its a later model.

I still think you should get those Caliper pistons checked.

The camper has gone now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links