Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Brakes - Replace/upgrade ?

So I have a very slightly sticky front caliper. Not taken it off yet, but I suspect a sticky piston or one of the slide pins has seized.

I will take it off this weekend and have a proper look, but if I go to the trouble of taking of a caliper, I normally replace it with a remanufactured unit.

It got me thinking......Is there another front caliper from Toyota that gives better performance ? Maybe a Supra caliper or a 2005 model caliper that fits the hub assembly ?

So I have a very slightly sticky front caliper. Not taken it off yet, but I suspect a sticky piston or one of the slide pins has seized.

I will take it off this weekend and have a proper look, but if I go to the trouble of taking of a caliper, I normally replace it with a remanufactured unit.

It got me thinking......Is there another front caliper from Toyota that gives better performance ? Maybe a Supra caliper or a 2005 model caliper that fits the hub assembly ?

A biot of googling threw up that Is200 calipers and GS300 calipers are the same.........does this hold true to GS430's as well ? Maybe I could use an Is200 brake upgrade kit.........*scratches chin*

A lot of the Aristo lads go down the route of the UK Supra TT which had big four pots. Tempted myself by those.

Another option is the LS430 calipers as they are also much better than we get on the GS & IS :)

Not sure about the new models though to be honest.

The calipers on my LS430 look much bigger than those that were on my GS300. They are located in a different place on the disc though. On the GS they were towards the back of the wheel but on the LS they are more towards the front.

A biot of googling threw up that Is200 calipers and GS300 calipers are the same.........does this hold true to GS430's as well ? Maybe I could use an Is200 brake upgrade kit.........*scratches chin*

The whole braking system is the same, at the caliper/disc end anyway. So I can't see why a kit for an IS200 wouldn't fit on there...

I assume that it's the second generation GS (UZS161), in which case the easiest (and cheapest) serious upgrade is to fit the JZA80 Supra 4-piston "UK" front calipers and 325 mm discs.

The LS430 (UCF30) calipers need adaptors.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links