Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two Questions

:question: Hi all,

I managed to install new LEDs for my speedo, fuel gauge, etc but the light is quite dull. I turned the regulator left and right but still nothing. Does it work only on normal light bulbs and not on LEDs? Is there anything I can do to increase the intensity of the light of the dash lights?

Next job is to the A/C unit but it seems very hard to remove the felt liner. I've tried to stick a screwdriver in there but still...are there any bolts that I need to remove or is there a trick or tip I can make use of?

Thank you in advance for your help. I will post pics when I am done.

The LED's should change brightness when you turn the knob, not sure whats happenin there.

As for the AC, you dont need to remove the felt on the vents, the unit should just pull out, i think it was only late models that are screwed on.

Stav

The LED's should change brightness when you turn the knob, not sure whats happenin there.

As for the AC, you dont need to remove the felt on the vents, the unit should just pull out, i think it was only late models that are screwed on.

Stav

Mines the same.. doesnt make any difference??

Stav

Mines the same.. doesnt make any difference??

Stav, are you sure that I don't need to remove the top felt liner? Where the sat nav should bem I have just a pad that it needs to be removed,....i think. As for the lights I am just wondering if I need to add another regulator or something ....I am lost now.... :shutit:

Stav, are you sure that I don't need to remove the top felt liner? Where the sat nav should bem I have just a pad that it needs to be removed,....i think.

If yours is an earlier model like mine (mine is 1999) then the felt liner is actually screwed down into the tray and you can't remove it (unless you take the tray out first). On later models the felt tray is just clipped in but the tray itself is screwed down.

So as Stav said, if yours is early (and the fact that the felt pad won't easily come out would tend to imply that it is) then you can just pull out the top tray. It is held in by three clips, one at the back (near the windscreen) in the middle, and two on each side at the top (roughly in the middle). What I do is insert a thin flat metal tool (I use a cake slice :lol:), having put a bit of masking tape against the trim to protect it. Once you can release one of the clips, the whole thing will easily just pull out.

What type LED`s have u put in ?

Have u tried turning them round ?

3292264779_408a36f4d0.jpg

Mine is brite & dims up & down

Well, i used the inverted angle normal LED's from eBay. They do light up and work but I can't seem to be able to modify the intensity of the light. The light is quite dim, and not as strong as I owuld like to be. Strangely enought, the dimer works if I use the factory bulbs.

I managed to install new LEDs for my speedo, fuel gauge, etc but the light is quite dull. I turned the regulator left and right but still nothing. Does it work only on normal light bulbs and not on LEDs? Is there anything I can do to increase the intensity of the light of the dash lights?

Next job is to the A/C unit but it seems very hard to remove the felt liner. I've tried to stick a screwdriver in there but still...are there any bolts that I need to remove or is there a trick or tip I can make use of?

hi, just making you aware that you cannot dim or bighten your speedo/dash LED lights via the switch, its a bit like trying to turn down the intensity of an energy saving bulb via a dimmer - it just doesn't work.

hi, just making you aware that you cannot dim or bighten your speedo/dash LED lights via the switch, its a bit like trying to turn down the intensity of an energy saving bulb via a dimmer - it just doesn't work.

Well, how do you explain the fact that other people can actually dim or brighten the intensity via the switch but I can't?

• 2 weeks later...

My speedo leds don't dim too - always thought that leds were not dimmable so never thought anymore about it. I will have to check the control to see if it is faulty?

Maybe it depends on the bulb spec?

I don't know much about LEDs but I guess it's possible it depends on the type of LED used. I've got LEDs in my interior dome light, and they do sort of dim.

Thats interesting have you connected a dimmer switch to your dome light? That may be usefull at times I guess...

I don't know much about LEDs but I guess it's possible it depends on the type of LED used. I've got LEDs in my interior dome light, and they do sort of dim.

Thats interesting have you connected a dimmer switch to your dome light? That may be usefull at times I guess...

No, sorry, I was referring to when the dome light turns off (e.g. when you've locked the car), and it automatically dims as it turns off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links