Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pioneer Laserdisc Player

jsj24uk

Evening everyone.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

I went shopping on Fleabay yesterday and bought myself a Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc DVD player. It came with one of those all in one remotes but the player has been modified to me multi region. When you unplug it from the mains and plug it back in it defaults back to region one because of the modification. The all in one remote doesn't have the two buttons required on a Pioneer remote to change the region back to region two. The unit is about ten years old and I'm having trouble sourcing a remote on line.

Could anyone throw some ideas in my direction where I could get a genuine Pioneer remote from the UK or USA?

Everyone's help as always would be most appreciated.

Jim.

Hi,

I have the CLD-D925 and when my remote broke (todler cousin stood on it!) a year or so back I spoke to Pioneer UK. They put me in touch with their parts people who were able to supply me a new one. Cost me £30...

Not sure where you are but you are quite welcome to borrow my remote and get one of those universal remotes learn the command(s) that you need??

Ta,

Noman

I have a Logitech Harmony 555 remote, it can learn almost anything and you load the codes for

your equipment via USB from your PC via their website. It may be worth contacting them to see if they support

your device if all other avenues fail, apparently they have nearly 300,000 devices covered in their database...

Good luck with it :)

Hi Lads.

Thanks for the advice Normski, Steve, and DJWozza.

I have sent an email to the remote controll website and asked if the remote has the buttons on it I need then I will be well away.

Thanks again lads.

Jim.

I just looked up via my own set-up and the Logitech Harmoney 555 does cover your device,

but I can't help as to wether it has the functionality you need for Multi Region ?

If you can borrow a remote that is working, it can learn from that remote any extra functions you may need...

currently with free delivery @ Dixons for £53.73

I hope this helps mate :)

Hi DJWozza,

Thanks again.

The three buttons I need, according to the instructions from the person who turned it into a multi region player are, Initial, Display and Condition.

If your remote has these buttons then I will be off to Dixons tonight.

Jim.

Hi DJWozza,

Thanks again.

The three buttons I need, according to the instructions from the person who turned it into a multi region player are, Initial, Display and Condition.

If your remote has these buttons then I will be off to Dixons tonight.

Jim.

Jim,

Did you have any luck here??

Hi there.

Just a quick update.

New remote turned up today. It appears to be the american one but all the buttons are present and correct. I followed the instructions to set the player up for region 2 but it doesn't seem to work. I might be doing somthing wrong so will have a look on the net to see if I need to do anything different. I am a step closer though.

Thanks again for the advice.

Jim.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links