Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Different Official Lexus Websites

I was looking for info/pics of my newly ordered RX300 and was looking at all the international sites ( www.lexus.com/about/links.html ) when I noticed..

It is amazing how different all the sites are, there are obviously many web developers out there in international Lexus land. For a company who is so passionate about quality and standards some are less than perfect. US and UK sites are very corporate and well put together but others are not so, look at United Arab Emirates for example.

Two points therefore.

1 - How can a company with such high quality standards let this happen and

2 - Which is cheaper 1 team of central developers or 1 team/person per country (rhetorical in case you hadn’t guessed!)

John

:unsure:

Looks like the United Arab Emirates website is nothing to do with Lexus itself, there is a comment on there 'Lexus vehicles in the United Arab Emirates are solely distributed by Al-Futtaim Motors', I guess its Al-Futtaim that own that website.

For most websites you'd want it to be designed locally, I'd hate to think what the German Lexus website would look like if it was designed and written by American's. I'm sure it wouldn't sell many cars. Even if the UK website was developed in the US it would be very obvious.

Did you look at http://www.lexus-europe.com/ I found that usefull when looking at the IS.

what must be remembered here is that all the "lexus" establishments are franchises.

even toyota/lexus GB is a franchise, so each runs its business how it feels is right

lexus germany is a franchise

lexus france is a franchise

lexus madagascar is a franchise

and so on

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links