Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

And I Thought I'd Found The Bargain Of The Year!

Well been having a mooch around autotrader as in a bit of a quandry at the minute as to what to do with my car - tune it to big power, or get something with more bhp as stock. Anyhows, i have a soft spot for 350Z's and stumbled across this yesterday:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...hicleRegLetter=

Now my initial thought was that there must be some big body damage etc, but at the price, for the milage and age, it may actually work out a good buy still.

I sent the seller an email asking some questions, and this was my reply (an hour later). Smells a little too fishy for my liking and i'm staying well clear, i could well have missed the biggest bargain ever, but i suspect not:

"Hello,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2006 Nissan 350Z Silver! Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Huelva, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in you name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days. Final price is GBP 5,000 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in the Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.

I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be manage by a company that has offices in both UK and Spain and in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.

Thank you!"

Thought i'd post this up anyhow in case anyone was looking round.

Rob

well documented scam - tell them u actually have a mate that lives very close and they will come and look at the car before it is shipped - u will never ge a reply!

yea, wouldn't surprise me!!!

was thinking of stringing them on a little and sayin gif they knew of any others for sale i'd take two :lol: :P

the old story of "if it sounds too good to be true......."

i experienced same thing on piston heads. then i thought ok feck it lets see what happens.

replied to email and then next day some foregin guy phoned me sayin your car is on ship now.

i was like cool and he emailed me link to some courier site...which was made up site...web address was like www.parcelcourier.mydomain.net

and i was like okay yea yea...then i traced site and found it was some where in new york...not spain.

any way i thought where is the catch they have not asked for my money yet.....

and then i got call saying...car is stuck at customs and due to some legall reasons paper work etc they wont let it go...all we need is from buyer £300 deposit and letter sayin i bought it its my car and i am awaiting delivery...

and he gave me some western money transfer account no.

guy was keep phoning withheld number when i asked for his number he refused and when i insisted few time he hung up on me and thats it end of story..

moral of story = buy uk car which is in uk :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links