Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I finally got around to changing my Timing Belt today.

I thought it would be a bit of a pig but it all went well without any issues. The Belt I took off looked fine despite its 70 0dd thousand miles and the Tensioners, guides and Water pump all ran smooth so I left them alone. It wasn't that difficult to get in there once I started so I have no problem going in again if I have any problems.

Something caught my eye though. I changed the Fan belt as well. It was well and truly on its last legs. I didn't have a manual so I took some photos of the job for reference.

I doubled checked that the fan belt had gone on the same way the old one came off and it did. The question I have is does the fan turn Anti Clockwise? Mine does and always has unless the Belt had been fitted wrong at the last change.

Just curious to know if its correct.

Hi looked today, fan turns anticlockwise if you are standing in front of the car ( in outher words the front of the fan turns anti clockwise the rear will turn clockwise)

I don't know about the UK spec LS but on mine there is a sticker on the inside of the bonnet near the catch which shows the correct belt installation.

Could be different as mine has the viscous fan but if it helps heres the picture.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...anbeltlabel.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links