Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Speaker Replacement

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster- the site is kewl :D

I've had my '99 V plate IS200 SE since 2006, and I need to change the rear 6X9's. I know about the biwirable setup and the hassle of getting aftermarket speakers that will fit, so I'm after replacement OEM speakers. I've looked on eBay and various parts sites, with no luck- in desperation I even inquired at Lexus Bristol, who informed me that the biwirable 6X9's were £150 EACH. :tsktsk: Does anyone know a place that I could get hold of some decent condition 2nd hand ones? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi all,

I've had my '99 V plate IS200 SE since 2006, and I need to change the rear 6X9's. I know about the biwirable setup and the hassle of getting aftermarket speakers that will fit, so I'm after replacement OEM speakers. I've looked on eBay and various parts sites, with no luck- in desperation I even inquired at Lexus Bristol, who informed me that the biwirable 6X9's were £150 EACH. :tsktsk: Does anyone know a place that I could get hold of some decent condition 2nd hand ones? Any help would be much appreciated.

My OEM ones will be coming out soon, but when is completely down to when I get the time to get the install done, probably in the next couple of weeks??

Hi all,

My OEM ones will be coming out soon, but when is completely down to when I get the time to get the install done, probably in the next couple of weeks??

Brilliant, I'd def be up for those- let me know and we can work something! :)

Best bet may well be a breakers, there are several IS200s being broken on eBay, would be worth checking with those guys.

Edit - just noticed you said you checked eBay, was that just for the speakers or did you check the breaking IS200s too ?

I only checked for the speakers- I thought that searching for speakers would bring anything up, breaking or not, but obviously I don't know a lot! Closest I got was a guy in the states selling IS300 6x9's. Wasn't sure they were the same, and not clear about any applicable import tax, so gave it a miss. Cheers for replying.

I only checked for the speakers- I thought that searching for speakers would bring anything up, breaking or not, but obviously I don't know a lot! Closest I got was a guy in the states selling IS300 6x9's. Wasn't sure they were the same, and not clear about any applicable import tax, so gave it a miss. Cheers for replying.

Yeah, it seems that often someone breaking a car will just list one random part off it (e.g. seatbelts) but say they're breaking the car. So you can contact them and ask for a price for whatever you're after. You should be in a good position regarding rear speakers, becuase I don't think they changed through the life of the car (but you need an SE or Sport model, not an S) and also they're highly unlikely to have been damaged in an accident so should be still in one piece (assuming they were working properly before and not blown).

I have the rear speakers from my car still and will be at Castle Combe next weekend at Japfest, may actually be in Bristol if I go and visit my cousin - PM me if you want to work something out.

Hi, new to this site but getting some good info about my IS200, only had it 4 months, W plate with only 64,000 on the clock.

Ive just picked up a 2nd hand set of speakers froma breakers in Scotland, the problem I have is that I had to practically wreck the IS I took them out off, does anybody have any idea where to start with regards replacing them, looks to me that seats and trim has to be removed, dont want to start ripping away at things.

Cheers

How you doing, am from just outside Glasgow. I bought the car when I lost my last job, cause I had no van, now am working again, and got a van, and came into a bit of wonga, am wanting to spend some cash on the car, so I'm looking for ideas and help to do a few things, but nothing over the top if you know what I mean.

The Kingdom of Fife...Side skirts look good mate on yours, is there anywhere in Scotland that are good for Lexus mods, do you have any websites that I can do a bit of window shopping?

Want to try and get a bit more kick out of it also, drive a van all week that is slow as a week in the jail.

they are around £40. i have some which im going to put for sale. which are brand new. yes only eBay mate.

but they are just rings so you will need to take headlights apart and then glue them together which are a pain mate.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the rear speakers from my car still and will be at Castle Combe next weekend at Japfest, may actually be in Bristol if I go and visit my cousin - PM me if you want to work something out.

Cheers to everyone for info about changing speakers, and to Ed for dropping over after Japfest and supplying some "new" OEM's- after a bit of jiggery pokery (the loom connections changed from V to X reg so had to resort to spade connectors), all is working fine. The ones I took out were in a right state, wouldn't have lasted a lot longer anyway. Hope your spark plugs prob was sorted...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links