Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Oem Screen

Hi, I have a Lexus IS200 Sport non-sat nav model. I have a 6.5 inch LCD screen OEM which I bought from the scrap yard. Got it really cheap. How is it possible to use the screen alone to watch tv/dvd on it. I know there is a way to do this, you need some sort of screen/audio converter. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, there is a way round it to use the screen. I think it is a bit complicated and costly. Someone connected a customize computer running Windows XP in their IS and used the screen as their monitor.

Cheers

Pragz

Yes, there is a way round it to use the screen. I think it is a bit complicated and costly. Someone connected a customize computer running Windows XP in their IS and used the screen as their monitor.

Cheers

Pragz

Bold statement. if you know it can be done then tell us all..

in not sure if you can use with the oem screen without having nav as standard as ifound out recently. it uses the canbus system to poll the amp and HU and if it doesnt poll back it wont work. There is a bypass for the HU part which you can either buy from fargo or make your own but not for the screen IIRC

Then you need a convertor which does rgb/sync at a very high voltage for it to work. These are hard to find but i have a contact in taiwan who can supply these at about £150

most people using car pc replace for a touch screen.

either way your looking about £200 to get it to work..

I will do some testing on it on sunday to see if i can bypass the poll but rabster tried and failed and im sure he would have tried everything..

this has all been covered loads of times in many posts..

he is/was a member on here.

the elecronics genius mentioned is Geoffers who pops on every so often but he didnt ever make the convertor due to costsand sourcing some of the bits.

as far as i know there isnt a way currently to use the screen without the loom/main nav computer but i will look into this over the weekend.

If you can get the loom and nav computer you can make this work and has been done in america but i think you would be better of replacing the screen..

the problem here is the fact that the lexus standard screens wont power on without the brain as stated above it runs on digital system the canbus, i work for an AV instalation company and when i say i tried everything i can think off i do mean everything i can think off from various sources

I tried to fool the screen into powering on

i tried powering the screen direct

i tried a bypass

high gain video inputs

stronger sync line

BUT one thing i didnt think of at the time was that even if you can get the screen on there is no way to change the contrast brightness etc all this is controlled via the NAv system i belive a nav owner can correct me if im wrong.

there are pots to control the brightness and contrast h postion v position on the back of the screen once you get down to circuit board level

i do still have some tricks up my sleve now that i will be trying as i have been doing more research into LCD screensbut need to pick up the little circuit board from the housing as im using mine in my car now lol

once you have spent the time and the money making the fcatory screen work it doesnt actually give you a multi input multi use screen

and the cost to do it outweighs the viability of this conversion when you think what you can get for £200 now

7" touch screen monitor with VGA and 2 Video inputs, LED backlit technology remote for controlling contrast etc roughly £180 delivered depending on shop etc

this gives you much more usability than the factory screen

unless of course you have the whole lot from a broken Nav IS200 then its going to be pretty hard

Nav screen

Nav remote

Nav Loom

Nav brain

with all this then its highly possibly with a little work

Im not stating it cant be done with out the above i dont claim its imposible and i hope some one can make it work i dread to think how many working nav screens have been binned in favour of something else lol

Rabs

rabser, thanks for the detailed information.

I have previously stripped two Lexus IS200s and have taken out the complete sat nav system. It is a big big job. You have to take off the front console, take down the dashboard, steering column and remove the side panels to take out the complete loom wire. I spent about 2-3 hours taking all off.

People have told me that putting all that loom wire in my car, there could be a risk that other sensors or equipment may not function properly. You would also need the dash board because the sat nav is connected to your speedo-meter.

What I have done is sold the parts separately instead. A common fault is the sat nav computer, many owners have had that fail on them when they were thinking it was the CD or DVD to be blamed.

I have sold all my parts now except this one screen I have. It's in immaculate condition. Also I have the full loom wire.

I was thinking whether its possible if I connected the loom wire back to the screen, idenitfy the wires which are for power so I can connect them that directly to my Battery or car ignition. This way I can get the screen to flip up and down. However, this would still leave me in a problem getting video output and audio.

Because my car doesn't have sat nav built in, is it possible to buy an aftermarket sat nav screen that could be installed in my car but retaining the Lexus sat nav housing. I would like the sat nav to be at the top rather than replace the exisiting 6CD player stereo. Someone has tried it already, they have put a Sony version but it is static.

Cheers

what is it that your after mate??

its not clear.. screen conversions have been covered loads of times.. use the search function and you will find all your answers..

As you know I have just the screen including the housing (which has the air vents). If I take the screen out of the housing can I find a touch screen sat nav that could be screwed to the back of that housing. So when I place the housing back and fit it to front console dashboard it will look like a ready in-built sat nav system.

My screen size is the 7 inch one. This is the second generation one taken out of a 2004 model. Can anyone recommend me a make/model sat nat touch screen that would accomodate in this housing? It has to be dynamic so I can fold it away.

Cheers

My screen size is the 7 inch one. This is the second generation one taken out of a 2004 model. Can anyone recommend me a make/model sat nat touch screen that would accomodate in this housing? It has to be dynamic so I can fold it away.

Cheers

do you want it to only do sat nav....

or are you thinking at a later date video input as well reverse camera front camera etc etc

if you thinking later date other functions i would look into a standard touch screen with VGA input and place a car pc in there with sat nav module and software much more usefull i think

Rabs

My initial thought was just the sat nav. My inclination is looking now at a later date video input. With the video input I want to connect a TV tuner or freeview tuner if that is possible.

That would be great help if you can look that for me. A car pc inside with sat nav module would be a option I would also consider. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links