Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing Around Edinburgh

Hey folks, its that time of year when the Lex is needing its service and MOT so looking for a bit of advice!

When I had my old car i would just take it to the local garage, but I think the Lex needs a little more looking after (or maybe I'm just more willing to spend the money now!) so I was wondering if anyone knew of any goods places around the Edinburgh area for servicing?

I did consider taking it to Lexus but I am a poor student and feel that could get a little expensive, plus the car is nine years old now and has missed one service in the book so going to a main dealer seems less important.

Also as a little sidenote, does anyone know when exactly the timing belt interval was changed to 6 years? i have the stamp in the book but its from 2006 so not sure if it has been done!

Cheers

Not sure when the timing belt interval was changed but it is retrospective, all IS200 should have timing belts changed at 60,000 miles. At the very least it should be inspected at 60,000 miles and every 10,000 miles afterwards. Does your timing belt stamp indicate it was performed by a Lexus dealer? If so ring them up and see if they have a record of the work having been carried out.

Lexus Edinburgh are very good but I understand your desire to find a less expensive alternative.

I'd recommend you go to Toyota at Cameron Toll, if you send a message to Ormi a LOC member he'll probably look after you. He works there as an MOT tester, and has done some work for me both at the Garage and in the evenings. Lexus Edinburgh are good also, but you will pay a bit more.

give me a shout mate and i'll get you sorted mot and service you even get a stamp £99.50.(cant get discount on this as we almost loose money doing it)

can even collect it on the way to my work and drop it off on the way home.if thats a help?

hey ormi mate ...ma car doesnt need mot but could do with service. how much for service and exactly whats included in service...

i was thinking about oil change oil filter air filter and maybe spark plugs, diff oil and gear box oil.

cheers mate

hey ormi mate ...ma car doesnt need mot but could do with service. how much for service and exactly whats included in service...

i was thinking about oil change oil filter air filter and maybe spark plugs, diff oil and gear box oil.

cheers mate

i'll speak to the manager on monday to see what he can do for you matey.

cheers mate

i'll speak to the manager on monday to see what he can do for you matey.

ta muchly matey

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links