Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvla

Yeldarb

They sent back my driving license today after renewing my photo card section and all of a sudden I can't drive anything apart from a car (I have/had every license available car, truck, bus, artic, etc..)and that entitlement runs out on Tuesday...............

I have just got back off the phone and apparently they don't make mistakes like this, so the years of driving a PSV/LGV vehicle must have been a bad dream. They suggest re-taking both the LGV and PSV tests as the best way to re-instate my entitlement and re-apply for a license for the car part? As though I have 2K or more to spend on driving lessons/tests again.

How can they treat people like this if I was earning a living on the road I would be unable to do so due to their incompetence that they don't want to admit to. I have a photocopy of the license that I was going to send the insurance company but forgot to so I can even prove my past entitlement, this also falls on deaf ears.

So off to Northampton DVLA office for some face to face fun but not till Tuesday as I can't get there till then. I am very nearly annoyed.

That is unbelievable, glad you have a copy so at least hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to straighten out. I can't believe they're just denying you never had it though!

Annoying because Santa Pod won't let me run without a licence, the photo copy is not good enough and I doubt they will sort it by the time the meet takes place. This annoys me more than anything at the moment.

I didn't see the Watchdog thing, so thanks for the link, very helpful.

Motor Cycle News have done articles on this problem as well.

If I ever have to send my licence to the DVLA I think I'll be paying a solicitor to keep a copy and witness that it has motorcycle and car entitlements on it.

They have told people that they will reinstate the missing classes if presented with the pass certificate. Yeah, right, the bike test pass certificate I sent to the Ministry of Transport in 1968! :)

OOOOhhh your showing your age now garethr!!

I don't have the pass certs any more, I had a good look for them this morning. It will all get sorted I am sure as there seams to be a lot of publicity about this (that I have missed completely!!)

Annoying because Santa Pod won't let me run without a licence, the photo copy is not good enough and I doubt they will sort it by the time the meet takes place. This annoys me more than anything at the moment.

why cant you use your photocard ?

as long as it covers cars you will be ok

This was on Watchdog a few weeks ago. It's not unusual, it would seem.

They love to remove motorcycle entitlements too.

oh i can vouch that, the nice ppl at dvla decided to remove my bike entitlement off my license last year and to this day they still will not apply it back on my license "WE DONT MAKE MISTAKES" is what i got off them, ive given up phoning n argueing with them and no it hasnt stoped me riding my bike, ive even told them i have my old paper licence and my old army FMT600 license showing my entitlement but there not interested and want me to resit my test(yeah so i will)NOT

Because the date on the license runs out on Tuesday, so after Tuesday I can't "legally" drive a car on the road. It will have to be sent to DVLA Swansea unless the Northampton office can do replacement licenses on the premises? Or a covering letter to explain what is going on?

Will know for sure on Tuesday, if not I am sure someone will be happy to take her up the 'strip for me. Maybe James from TGT if he makes it to the show?

Because the date on the license runs out on Tuesday, so after Tuesday I can't "legally" drive a car on the road. It will have to be sent to DVLA Swansea unless the Northampton office can do replacement licenses on the premises? Or a covering letter to explain what is going on?

Will know for sure on Tuesday, if not I am sure someone will be happy to take her up the 'strip for me. Maybe James from TGT if he makes it to the show?

ah i understand now

so they sent you your license back with a week left on it !!

This is a fairly common problem with HGV entitlement. They say the only thing you can do is argue your licences BEFORE you send them off so they can check up on your records and agree that you have them before hand. Even a photocopy isn't enough to prove you had the licences. They even say that unless they have the pass certificate on file they won't honour it. Hopefully you will resolve yours but I know many who haven't.

Mark.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links