Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all .

Well after 11 months of "Rx-ing" I am off to the Audi Q7 ! I know its more expensive to tax etc but I could not resist the lure of a 3.0tdi s-line complete with the lovely suspension and the 21" Audi rims ! I will pop by now and then (Have been a member off and on for the last 6 years) but the Audi is a calling !!!

Now if anybody is after these bits , let me know , or they will be hitting the `bay ! But you will have to collect from Chester in Cheshire .

All genuine Lexus Rx400h parts -

1 - NEW - RX300 RX400H rear bumper protector (Fits onto top of bumper to protect from scuffs etc) , new , never fitted/stickys on back in black plakky with Lexus written on it ! - £40 .

2 - USED - Load liner , with Lexus written on it , used but good as new-ish (So to speak) - £30 .

3 - USED - Roof bars/rack . which go across the car to the bars attached to the car , used with keys etc - £30 .

4 - USED - 18" Rx400h Minty mint silver/original alloy wheel , used , but no kerbing/marks etc just a few small chips - £50 .

Or the 4 items for £135 .

No offers please as cheap as chips .

Pictures can be sent , just need you e-mail adress .

Bargain ! :winky: :winky:

Jon .

Can I be cheeky and ask how much?

My RX300 is now just 5 years old with 48k miles, been absolutely fine, but balloon payment due soon. Don't know what to do, pay and run it for few more years or try and trade it.

Jon, congrats on the new motor! They look very menacing - especially in black. However, keep an eye on the following as a friend had to eventually get-rid of his Q7 (after 12 months of grief) for the following reasons:

1). Standard wheels chewed tyres in 5k. Upgraded to the 21's and managed to get 9k out of them. Suffered from huge wear on the tyre shoulders. His Audi dealer told him to swap the wheels round very week!

2). Electrical gremlins causing the car to go into limp mode.

3). Diesel economy - he never managed more than 25mpg.

4). Absolutely shocking dealer AND Audi attitude.

Hope all goes well but I thought it best to warn you...

Jon, congrats on the new motor! They look very menacing - especially in black. However, keep an eye on the following as a friend had to eventually get-rid of his Q7 (after 12 months of grief) for the following reasons:

1). Standard wheels chewed tyres in 5k. Upgraded to the 21's and managed to get 9k out of them. Suffered from huge wear on the tyre shoulders. His Audi dealer told him to swap the wheels round very week!

2). Electrical gremlins causing the car to go into limp mode.

3). Diesel economy - he never managed more than 25mpg.

4). Absolutely shocking dealer AND Audi attitude.

Hope all goes well but I thought it best to warn you...

Hi Normski .

Cheers for advice on Q7

I have heard about the tyre problem . :crybaby:

Not heard about the electrical gremlins :shutit: .

Fuel economy , I think , any car struggles to get the quoted Mpg

and i have heard about p*** poor Audi dealers .

I still rate the Rx400 and will more than likely be a better car in the long run but , you have to admit the Q7 does look a bit of a beast :shifty:

Jon

Can I be cheeky and ask how much?

My RX300 is now just 5 years old with 48k miles, been absolutely fine, but balloon payment due soon. Don't know what to do, pay and run it for few more years or try and trade it.

Hi Damer .

Tricky on this as my car is the Rx400h (07 plate , 20k mileage) so the values are no way near each other . But i might be inclined to sell as the new shape is out next month and that will hurt the values of the older shape cars in the months to come .

good .

jon.

I think it is a bold move to the Q7. totally different type of vehicle altogether IMHO. yes Audi dealers have an awful attitude and you will miss the Lexus approach - however the Q7 is a very competent vehicle when you consider its size and dimensions. Its nice to try something different, and if you go for a decent diesel engine (IE: an engine that suits the size of vehicle) MPG should not be a problem, but then again if you buy one of these and want to run it to a budget it 'aint gonna happen (not suggesting this is what the OP is doing).

I would have spent the money on a new shape X5 (personally) but the larger Q7 has its appeal. Good luck with your purchase, I hope you enjoy it and realise that these cars are more than a match for the driving experience of Lexus.

When i was looking at buying the RX I read up on people's experiences of how heavy these cars were on tyres and brakes (same gripes!) - in reality it has a lot to do with how you drive them and found both tyre and brake life to be excellent. If you drive these SUVs 'hard' then of course you will eat brakes and tyres...driv them like SUVs and you should see reasonable running costs inline with the vehicle.

Personally I would have bought the new shape X5, but the Q7 is a very competent vehicle. Good luck with it!

I think it is a bold move to the Q7. totally different type of vehicle altogether IMHO. yes Audi dealers have an awful attitude and you will miss the Lexus approach - however the Q7 is a very competent vehicle when you consider its size and dimensions. Its nice to try something different, and if you go for a decent diesel engine (IE: an engine that suits the size of vehicle) MPG should not be a problem, but then again if you buy one of these and want to run it to a budget it 'aint gonna happen (not suggesting this is what the OP is doing).

I would have spent the money on a new shape X5 (personally) but the larger Q7 has its appeal. Good luck with your purchase, I hope you enjoy it and realise that these cars are more than a match for the driving experience of Lexus.

When i was looking at buying the RX I read up on people's experiences of how heavy these cars were on tyres and brakes (same gripes!) - in reality it has a lot to do with how you drive them and found both tyre and brake life to be excellent. If you drive these SUVs 'hard' then of course you will eat brakes and tyres...driv them like SUVs and you should see reasonable running costs inline with the vehicle.

Personally I would have bought the new shape X5, but the Q7 is a very competent vehicle. Good luck with it!

Hi .

With you on the new shape X5 , but its a bit lacking in extras and also my insurance (10 months of policy still to go) would not touch it unless it had some form of tracking device .

Jon .

Hi .

Wheel and roof bars now sold . just rear scuff plate and load liner left .........

jon .

Would you be able to post the bumper protector at all? Could do with one, but have to weigh up that the trip to Chester and back would probably make going to the local dealer more cost effective.

Thanks

Bryan

Hi .

Wheel and roof bars now sold . just rear scuff plate and load liner left .........

jon .

Would you be able to post the bumper protector at all? Could do with one, but have to weigh up that the trip to Chester and back would probably make going to the local dealer more cost effective.

Thanks

Bryan

Hi Bryan .

Yes could post . Extra £8 would cover the pain of wrapping and trying to post . If you want it pm me and i will give you my paypal account and try to post this week . Let me know soon please .

jon .

...my insurance (10 months of policy still to go) would not touch it unless it had some form of tracking device.

Fair point actually, it is a considerable expense [tracking device] for little reduction in premium. I am sure you will enjoy the Q7 :)

Hi Bryan .

Yes could post . Extra £8 would cover the pain of wrapping and trying to post . If you want it pm me and i will give you my paypal account and try to post this week . Let me know soon please .

jon .

Hi Jon - PM sent. Thanks.

Bryan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links