Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've Sold My Baby!

After 1 year of blissful (but slow!!) Motoring I finally decided to sell my 02 IS200 sport. Was planning to supercharge it and add a few extras to the bodywork. But after a pretty poor service from my dealer and awful part-ex figures I thought I would have a little look elsewhere at a better px deal and some more horsepower.

Alas no, I wanted to buy a yellow 200 that they had at poole to save messing with a bodykit/wheels myself then I thought I would use my money to supercharge it to give it a little more go. But they said they would only give me £16k for my 12mth old sport with 5k on the clock.

so I took a trip up to sparshatts and got £17750 for it against a Impreza WRX STI Prodrive with the miles I do I can get by with a bumpy ride etc

So I took a trip up to sparshatts and got £17750 for it against a Impreza WRX STI Prodrive with the miles I do I can get by with a bumpy ride etc

I hope you've got your own fuel tanker for your new scoobie, you'll be lucky to get anymore than 20 miles to the gallon

Don't worry steve I will still be coming in here as it is a great site and I would like to stay up to speed with all things lexus hopefully the BHP issue will be officially addressed in 2005 so fingers crossed I will get another one then.

I only do about 5k miles a year so I dont mind it being a bit juicy.

Will probably have to go easy on the right foot though!!

5k only...then it's worth owning one...

If it was me...will be bankrupt by now...only on petrol :P :lol:

Good luck with your new car...enjoy...I know I would have :whistling: :D

you were only offered £16000 for a 1 year old sport? how much was it new?

Unfortunately, looks about par for the course. :( But just to cheer you up, I've plotted the depreciation figures for the Modeo ST too - now that smarts!

Lex_IS_dep.gif

Source - WhatCar.com

From the chart, a 1yr old IS300 looks like a real bargain at just over £18K but I guess the e-Shift puts a lot of people off. Still, the IS200 holds it's price better than many.

But wanna see some really scarey figures? Just check out the Values of this Omega Estate... :sick:

(Sorry, I know it's a bit off topic!)

Mondeo_ST220_scarey.gif

With the money you'd lose on it in 4 years, you could buy an IS200 Sport! :o

i think you may have too much time on your hands mate! :P

but anyway, yeah it dont seem so bad now, i was gettin confused with the £24k my car cost new :withstupid:

you're right about the IS200, thats one of the reasons i bought it in the first place, cos it depreciated slower than the merc c-class, bm 3 series, volvo s60, audi a4, well basically all of them!

if those figures are right (and i'm sure they are) then why are people so stupid as to buy brand new mondeos and omegas, when you could buy a 1 year old one for less than half price

we should all go round car parks tellin new mondeo owners how stupid they are (now i'm the one with too much time!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links