Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grrrrr At Prolex!

GTS_MAD

I Ordered a Prolex induction kit last week for my is200 it turned up today but............

Can i ask someone what they got with it i got the tubing, a filter, and an elbow

Also im having trouble fitting it......

1. The brackets do not line up anywhere.

2. the oil breather pipe does not reach

3. What is ghe hole in the tube on the back not the oil breather pipe but the other side of the tube a round hole

and where do i put the air temp sensor

Hope some can help as im stuck now..

I have....

Really pee'd off right now as i waited a week for it and now this happens and also nothing was wrapped and looks like its been fitted before!!

second hand?

I hate when companies do that, Argos do it all them time, and PC world have dont it few times with m, i just return it straight away

I Ordered a Prolex induction kit last week for my is200 it turned up today but............

Can i ask someone what they got with it i got the tubing, a filter, and an elbow

Also im having trouble fitting it......

1. The brackets do not line up anywhere.

2. the oil breather pipe does not reach

3. What is ghe hole in the tube on the back not the oil breather pipe but the other side of the tube a round hole

and where do i put the air temp sensor

Hope some can help as im stuck now..

Maybe a silly question but have you fitted it the right way?

As in down the engine then across? rather than across and down?

at the price of this i wouldnt expect it to look secondhand and to include fitting instructions..

have you been onto his forum? looks like he was online yesterday..

I was under the impression that it is illegal to sell a used, second hand, or display "product" unless the customer is told first? and then a suitable iscound negotiated.

from as far as im aware it is,

I bought a media adaptor from PC World,

took it home, the batteries were out, and no remote control, and no packaging inside.

went back and fortunally the manager was on the returns desk, so had a go at him.

Told him that there sold me a used item and its illegal, he said there must be a reconditioned sticker on the box, of which my reply was "where?"

then bought a toy from argos, when he bought it out one side it was open with the bits just falling out, he put it infront of me, and said one sec let me get some tape.

i laughed and said no i dont think so, theres another one, so get that one instead.

then i bought i universal remote from them aswell, and the batteries were just in the box, usually there wrapped up

at the price of this i wouldnt expect it to look secondhand and to include fitting instructions..

have you been onto his forum? looks like he was online yesterday..

question is,was it sold as new or used? doesnt matter what the price is

Yep thats what i thought to.............

Been ringing all day both work and mobile number laft messages and still no reply...

From something Mr Prolex said himself .................

My final words are..............there are two sides to every story if you want to hear my side just ask I don't bite. Unfortunately I dont get get everything right and try to correct any fook ups as soon as I'm aware.

i bought a induction kit from prolex ages ago and i used silicone glue to get the sensor in place and bought my own clamps.

at £160 i would NOT expect to have to do any of this..

very poor goods..

i bought a induction kit from prolex ages ago and i used silicone glue to get the sensor in place and bought my own clamps.

at £160 i would NOT expect to have to do any of this..

very poor goods..

exactly!

when he sent it it came in a net. no bubble wraped or anything. which i thought is pretty poor.

The hole you refer to on the underside is for the air sensor, to fit it properly you need to take the grommet from the OEM air box and use that. The bracket sits under one of the bolts at the front of the engine next to the VVT-I letters, you may need to twist the inuction pipe slightly to get it to sit okay. The rubber elbow can be a bit tight, use a hair dryer to warm it, then a smidge of neat washing up liquid rubbed around the inside of the rubber elbow should allow it to slip on.

See my Prolex Induction below:

367164989.jpg

Hope this helps.

Keith

for £160 i'd expect the induction kit to leap out the box and fit its self!!!lol!!the kit you have really doesn't sound like its right for the car.

Well this is the thing when i recieved my kit it came in a Garden Tool Box......

When inside......

Nothing was wrapped and on the tubing itself it has marks all over it where you can see the elbox has already been fitted and also on the tubing there are marks where it looks like the underbonnet proofing has rubbed onto it..... so looks to me like this has been fitted before and sent back

Also regarding the brackets iv been trying every single way possible but the bracket is miles out!!

Ill try and contact him again in the morning.

Well this is the thing when i recieved my kit it came in a Garden Tool Box......

When inside......

Nothing was wrapped and on the tubing itself it has marks all over it where you can see the elbox has already been fitted and also on the tubing there are marks where it looks like the underbonnet proofing has rubbed onto it..... so looks to me like this has been fitted before and sent back

Also regarding the brackets iv been trying every single way possible but the bracket is miles out!!

Ill try and contact him again in the morning.

send it back send it back now!!!!!!!this man has RIPPED YOU OFF and going by some other threads your not the first!!!!

the kit should have come in all the propper boxes(mine did when i got the pipercross induction kit)so it was shady from the get go!!

look what i found on eBay this man really is taking the :tsktsk: !!(prolex site on ebay)

: HI,does this kit allow the intake temp sensor to be fitted into it, and would u sell me just the pipework and elbow? without filter. cheers 13-Apr-09

A: Hi Yes it does. £150 for pipe & elbow

£150 for a bit of tube and a 90 degree silicon elbow i might start making these and sell them for £120!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links