Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Owned Mk3 For 18 Months But Only Found Out

that if you switch the igntion off with the windows open you can still operate the windows untill one of the doors is opened - once a door is opened the power cuts out - very helpful if you forget to close the windows before switching off on a sunny day like today - i thought this was a brilliant idea!

is there anything they didnt think of..............................

It's similar on my 1994 but a door has to be open to close the windows after the key is removed! Never realised it either, the times I have taken the key out then realised a window is down and put the key back in.

As does the GS. You can also close the windows and sunroof by holding down the 'lock' button on the remote, even after you've got out the vehicle. This works on IS and GS models, I would assume it also does on the LS.

Here's a question about door locking on a 1996 Mk 3...

Driver's handbook says press key button once to unlock driver's door and twice to unlock all doors. But mine only unlocks all doors. Do any other Mark 3 owners have the ability to unlock just the driver's door ?

As does the GS. You can also close the windows and sunroof by holding down the 'lock' button on the remote, even after you've got out the vehicle. This works on IS and GS models, I would assume it also does on the LS.

just tried it on the LS - doesnt do it

Here's a question about door locking on a 1996 Mk 3...

Driver's handbook says press key button once to unlock driver's door and twice to unlock all doors. But mine only unlocks all doors. Do any other Mark 3 owners have the ability to unlock just the driver's door ?

mine unlocks all aswell - i have the original 3 button remote

there is a time delay for closing them, i'm sure on my IS I can operate the driver's window and sunroof after switching off AND removing the key, but only for about 30 seconds afterwards or until I open a door, whichever is first

so press the lock button on the is200 and it will close everything? i remeber trying this but it did not work?

not off the keyfob on the IS, just some of the switches in the car still work for a short time or until you open a door

• 1 month later...
A key turn in the lock will close the windows after you get out. Driver's at least.

I seem to remember that it is more of a "turn and hold turned" which is required to make the drivers window close.

God forbid that the driver actually lets any of the passsengers open their windows.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links