Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Been To Egypt?

SINGH182

its my parents 25th weddin anaversay nxt week and i have booked them a 7 day holiday/stay at the radisson blu in Sharm el shaikh.

-just been doing some googeling and there seems to be a lot of companies offering day trips to cairo from sharm el. Has anybody done this?, if so who did u book the trip with? Im thinkin off bookin this one for them Cairo Day Trip

And any other things u could recomend would be great as i nor them have been to egypt before

Ive not told them abt the holiday yet, want to get everything sorted 1st.(a prezzie from me and my brother basically)

Thanks

singh182

Nice generous pressie.

We are going to Sharm next week. Not planning on any trips though cos of kids. Tripadvisor great help though. Join the Sharm Forum.

for anyone going to sharm at the moment be aware its the hottest time with an average of 42c, and humid. Be prepared for lots and lots of hassle from all the shop owners trying to get u into the shops etc and lots of rude comments towards the wife/girlfriend etc but if you are going to sharm then u know this anyway.

if taking a taxi from the airport u will have to haggle a lot and just accept u will still get ripped off, also be aware all restaurants will charge a 12% servce fee and then 10% sales tax on top of all restaurant bills. Prices are about the same or more than the UK.

Buy 1.5 litre bottles of water - u need to be drinking about 2-3 of these a day, a bottle costs 2.5LE.

If anyone is diving u need to do a trip to Dahab and do the canyon and blue hole - there is a nice drop of that goes to 800M and a huge variety of life.

if u like sushi go to the marriot at the end of the prom on tuesdays and its 150LE per person " all you can eat" and its fantastic quality.

oh for the radisson you do know its way out of town and NOTHING surrounds it??? so unless they get a shuttle bus into town they will have to get a taxi and ripped off each time.

which hotel u staying in gord??

yep thats what i was always afraid of also but TBH i have never seen any screaming kids etc and i have stayed in a few different places in sharm area. if you want quiet and to have the option of going into the town of naama bay (there is not so much in sharm itself) then anywhere on the left of centre of the bay is fine as all the noise and action is at the sharm end of the bay.

a very nice opton is the hilton fayrouz or anothervery quiet option is the sheraton on the headland and thats about a 15 mins slow walk along the prom to town.

Anyway all of the "out of town" hotels run shuttle busses into naama bay esp at night, the drop u in the midle of town and pick you up in the same place.

there is an egyptian restaurant next to hard rock or tgi fridays (cant remember which) ....dont bother as the service is terrible and food isnt great either and my missus got very ill after eating at Camel this time, when i went the next day to complain there were others complaining also o its not an isolated case.

I went in 05 & want 2 go back weather is spot on only thing i didnt like was gettin hassle 2 buy its a rite pain & they think saying UK phrases like cheap as chips & asda price is funny also taxi drivers think u carnt walk & pip @ u constantly lol but u have 2 go on a boat trip 2 snorkel its just amazing try Trip Advisor 2 find a good hotel its a holiday u will enjoy & never 4get the Pyramids are a must i did it by coach from sharm was a killer but worth it ;0) there is just so much 2 do even go with the Bedwins & watch the sun set.

Seems to have changed a lot since 1988/89 I spent 6 months in a hut with the bedouins a couple of miles north of Dahab City ( 4 buildings + 1 hotel always empty & the only place to buy a beer ). I wouldn't say a day trip to Cairo would be a relaxing or comftable day out its a long way away & very hot this time of year, your folks would have to be very fit to endure it. I still think often about my time there (the best six months of my life) I am gutted that its not there to go back to, I left as did most of the Bedouin when the first bulbozer moved in. Im sure your folks will have a great time as its a spectacular part of the world, Hagleing is part of the culture so treat it as fun not as an irritation. If they want to see the sights they would be best to retun & do a nile criuse, The Sinai desert & Egypt are more like 2 countries so would be too much to take on in 7 days.

We did a trip called the coloured canyon, it involved 8 people crammed into the bench seats in the back of a landrover and then driven about 2 1/2 hours to a canyon which you then have to climb down into walk through, climb out of a deep canyon, then get crammed back into the landy, for a drive to a restaurant for lunch then back to the hotel, nonme of this was explained to us when he trip was booked and some people turned up in flip flops. I really wouldn't recommend this trip unless getting thrown about in a landy and walking through a red hot exposed canyon is your thing. Otherwise snorkelling and diving is amazing and a trip to Naama Bay at night is a must.

me and the girlfriend went last year.

was a really good holiday.

we stayed in the rehana hotel. food was absolutely crap but a nice hotel.

went to cairo and saw the pyramids, but go by plane. its more expensive but you get there quicker.

definitely worth the money.

we also went in to the desert on quad bikes. was the nuts.

snorkelling was excellent. so much to see down there.

naarma bay is pretty good. but as people have said. very annoying the people up in your face.

if your buying cigarettes then buy from the shops not the street. be very wary as there are alot of chinese import ciggies.

and normally when haggling you should aim for a third of what their 1st offer is.

anyways.

enjoy ur trip im sure ul love it!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links