Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can Anyone That Works For Lexus Help Me Please?

Hi all,

Im after some EXPERT advice about my wing mirror...

I have a 2001 IS200 Sport and need to replace my wing mirror (in whole).

Do you know what specs of wing mirror are available and in turn what spec I should have on a 2001 sport model?

Heated/non-heated?

Anti-glare?

Are ALL IS200 mirrors electric, heated and we all have the fold in button??

Im sourcing one from a breakers and if the only difference is the anti-glare then im not fussed which car the mirror comes from. One breakers has told me there are two types of connectors for the wiring loom???

Any advice would be brilliant....dont wanna get the wrong mirror

Cheers

Bill

on your aircon controls, on the right does it have a picture of the rear window, or the rear window and the mirror?

if its the latter yours only heat when you turn that on, all the mirror fold in electrically

I know the spec of my mirror, just wanted to know what is standard and what I have extra (if anything) on my car.....???

IS300 & IS200LE and maybe some other versions have mirrors that-self darken together with the interior mirror when headlights from behind hit the sensor on the interior mirror. Not all the models have that feature which has extra wiring.

I have a button which shows the rear window and the wing mirrors on it.....what will happen if I get a mirror that came from a car with auto heated mirrors? Id guess it wont matter as something like that will be part of the way its wired up and not to do with the mirror itselt? right??

Also Lexus told me that I DO have the anti-glare feature on my car.....is there a danger that by connecting up a NON anti-glare mirror it could disable anti-glare for the other mirrors?

Its gonna be a nightmare trying to find an anti-glare mirror from a breakers thats all....Id sooner get the mirror then add an OEM anti-glare glass at a later date.

on your aircon controls, on the right does it have a picture of the rear window, or the rear window and the mirror?

if its the latter yours only heat when you turn that on, all the mirror fold in electrically

My AC controls only has the rear window pic, but heats the mirrors too when i switch it on.

Oh cool....so does that mean that ALL IS200's have heated mirrors regardless of what switch they have??

Yes - as mat says the mirror is the same, early cars are on all the time, later cars are switched. The IS200 does not have auto dimming mirrors (only the IS300 has them).

Oh actually, sorry mate...

I’ve just had a look though my Lexus IS owner’s manual, and it says the heated mirrors work every time the ignition switch is in the “ON” position.

I guess in the past, over winter, when I needed all the windows heated up, I switched the vents to window, and pressed the heated rear window button at the same time while the car was running and assumed the mirror’s heater came on with the rear window heater switch.

Well thanks all for your advice....seems the only thing I risk missing out on by sourcing a mirror from breakers is my auto-dimm.

I was told by Lexus that auto-dimm was an option which my car DOES have (IS200 Sport).

Are there any auto-sparkys on here that would know if hooking up a non auto-dimm mirror up to a loom that has auto-dimm wired in would cause any issues, or just simple mean that one mirror wont auto-dimm?

Well thanks all for your advice....seems the only thing I risk missing out on by sourcing a mirror from breakers is my auto-dimm.

I was told by Lexus that auto-dimm was an option which my car DOES have (IS200 Sport).

Are there any auto-sparkys on here that would know if hooking up a non auto-dimm mirror up to a loom that has auto-dimm wired in would cause any issues, or just simple mean that one mirror wont auto-dimm?

Have you got an LE? If you have an IS200 Sport and it's a UK car the mirrors do not auto dim - does your rear view mirror have a little button at the bottom or does it just have a lever that makes it tilt?

Got my new (used) mirror yesterday fitted etc etc.

Seems from this thread that all our mirrors are the same (heated, electric adjustment, electric folding) and the autodimm was an option.

Although Lexus told me from taking my reg that I have autodimm, my center mirror has the manual lever thing for dimming the glass, and not the button that someone had mentioned here before - thieving gits.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice :-D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links