Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Problems Sourcing An Is200 Sport

the car looks ok mate but are they going to sort the damage?n/s/f front wing(looks like a big job) and the n/s/r back bumper is damaged.

if you have £6750 spare their is a nice is200 sport navigator with a bonus of having the tte charger fitted!!!its on piston heads Reference #1201611

heres an other Reference #1200935 and an other Reference #1195048 and an other Reference #1126315 and an other Reference #1157435 and an other Reference #1160594

hope that helps.

Just a quick update, going to see this one Monday,

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...icleRegLetter=Y

What does everyone think?

Compared to the link I sent you for the 02 reg one it doesn't seem very good.

What makes the seller think it's a sport and not an SE??

No sports wheels????

No sports cloth seats????

No sports grill???

No sports spoilers/skirts/aero pack????

Looks more like an SE to me, unless I'm wrong?????

no this no that??

No sports wheels???? yes it has.....

No sports cloth seats???? and yes it has the sports seats.....

No sports grill??? didn't come standard it was an option

No sports spoilers/skirts/aero pack???? as above.....but yes it does have the boot spoiler.

heres a pic of my is200 sport the first day i got her

4389845714a7580133967l.jpg

and here she is now

p2208091436.jpg

no this no that??

No sports wheels???? yes it has.....

No sports cloth seats???? and yes it has the sports seats.....

No sports grill??? didn't come standard it was an option

No sports spoilers/skirts/aero pack???? as above.....but yes it does have the boot spoiler.

heres a pic of my is200 sport the first day i got her

4389845714a7580133967l.jpg

and here she is now

p2208091436.jpg

Sorry Ormi but I always thought that a sport was like the link below :blush:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...cleRegLetter=52

By the way take a look at this beauty, 'limited edition banana republic' someone was just mentioning if they still available a few days ago and I found one!! :winky:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...icleRegLetter=S

Mate i had problems finding an IS200 sport myself when i was looking to buy 1. I found 1 but the trader didnt want to touch my MR2 MK1 which was mint he offerd me £250, so i walked. Anyway i sold my mr2 privately and got £1800 for it, plus the 3k that i had. But still had problems finding a sport i wanted, they eirther had more miles than i wanted or they had no history. After a bit more reseach i found out that there is very little difference between the sport and se. So i ened up with SE with 100k ish on the clock with full lexus service history had to travel 150miles and it was only 2.2k bargin.

Anyway the point iam trying to make is certenly sell privately to get the best price for your car and look at ever option of the IS200 you might find a bargin i like i did. But if the sport is what heart is set on there are a couple around norwich that i know are for sale, there all about 4-6k.

pejay mate that top link is for a bottom of the ranger!!its not a is200 sport........... thats a is200s

Well I stand corrected, thanks for the info ormi, didn't know that mate :blush:

not a problem matey but your not alone i've seen lots and lots of is200s's advertised as sports and when you try and inform them its not a sport they tell you it is and it says so on their log books so you ask them what the log book says it is and they reply with is200s and the s means sport but it doesnt.

Hi,

I had this exact argument with one of the green ones I saw, the owner kept saying it was a sport, checked the logbook and sure enough it was a 'S', also cheers for the links!

an other tip the se and the sport have tinted rear windows the s does not also the s doesnt have the shiney pedals,17"alloys,nice seats,heated seats,fancy stereo or the boot spoiler oh and the sport sits lower.

an other one i came across was a boy trying to pass a se off as a sport..........it was an auto and the sport never came in an auto.

Cheers Ormi,

Well looked at one yesterday, not sure of the reasons (Might have been the sea air) but every single nut and bolt I could see was red with rust, even down to the nuts holding the airbox on!

Also just missed out on a Blue Sport from Coventry, gutted but still looking.

Hi,

I had this exact argument with one of the green ones I saw, the owner kept saying it was a sport, checked the logbook and sure enough it was a 'S', also cheers for the links!

an other tip the se and the sport have tinted rear windows the s does not also the s doesnt have the shiney pedals,17"alloys,nice seats,heated seats,fancy stereo or the boot spoiler oh and the sport sits lower.

an other one i came across was a boy trying to pass a se off as a sport..........it was an auto and the sport never came in an auto.

not all of the SE have tinted windows, because i have viewed a few and looked on autotrader and no tints on the SE.

as for the Sport i have seen tints on them :D

the girl at my work has just managed to buy a is200 sport 90k full history in silver one owner £3500 and only 80 miles away from edinburgh.she pics it up on monday.

you had any luck in your hunt mate?

first off, good luck in your search.

figure out what you want, and hold out for it.

i waited quite a while to get mine.

second, is the sport version you guys are talking about kind of like the altezza z edition (which is what i have)?

if so, i personally agree with the above posts about the lower ride and LSD...

you never know, you may want the LE, I am sure some of those came with LSD, and coil overs are much better than the stock springs anyway,

even if they are lowered... so if you can find a bargain on the LE, see if it has LSD, and save up for some coil overs.

Third, count yourself lucky, Altezza's are still hard to get over here for less than 500000 Yen (about $5500.00 U.S.).

Up to 1000000 Yen (about $11000.00 U.S.) for decent, and more if you want a Gita or super clean.

I got very lucky, 100,000k maintenance was coming due, JCI was coming due, and the car had been on the back of the lot for at least 2 years.

And I paid cash, so the guy hooked me up, and knocked quite a bit off of the sticker.

What are those prices in pounds equal to in $ U.S.?

Good luck in your search man, I would also advise you have a friend look at the car with you,

it helps when they start pointing out all the deficiencies you might not see, may also help you bargain with the seller.

plenty of bargains to be had,i bought my 2000(w plate) se,full mot etc,not all the history but these run forever,120k on the clock and sweet as a nut,love it all for £2k,keep looking,been offered £2500 and £2700 for mine by people passing when i,ve been cleaning it,seems the colour is in at the mo, (grathite sky, gunmetal grey)

Picture292.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Sorry to revive the thread but just got back from holiday. No luck as yet ormi, looked at another Silver one, was about 2k after trade in but was rusty which I notice is not something they are known for.... Seriously every nut and bolt + both sills were scabby.

And a Graphite one (I agree Rob) but it looked as if it had been used as a bumper car.

The good news is that I now have £3K cash so I am able to look at slightly better ones.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links