Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smoked Back Lights

Catfish

Hi Guys :)

I just wanted a little bit of shopping advice really, My Boyfriend has a Lexus is200 (1999) & he is after some smoked back lights for it, I thought i might be able to find some on eBay, but apparently there the cheap ones that have just been painted black but he wants the ones where the actual plastic/glass thingy is smoked (Sorry for the appalling grammar)

So if anybody could help, that would be Fantastic :)

Thank Youuuu x

• 3 weeks later...

No No, You haven't frightened me off! lol

Just totally forgot all about this, I'm not bothered about the price well .. More than 300 is talking ridiculous! His lexus isn't THAT Precious to me lol

Thankyou for the advice, will get checking it all out :)

• 3 months later...
If you don't mind paying the price a Lexus dealer is a simple option, otherwise need to keep your eye on ebay and breakers as they're pretty rare but will come up now and again :)

i want to tint the lights and am going down the route of the tint spray you can get!

is this not a good idea?

Regards

Tint spray can work, but all the ones I've seen have eaten into the plastic after a while making the surface matt and quite rough. Not sure if they've used the wrong type of paint though.......

I remember one member on here a while back tinted his lights using a heavy duty tint film (similar to those used for window tints) and the result was really nice!

Tint spray can work, but all the ones I've seen have eaten into the plastic after a while making the surface matt and quite rough. Not sure if they've used the wrong type of paint though.......

I remember one member on here a while back tinted his lights using a heavy duty tint film (similar to those used for window tints) and the result was really nice!

cool thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
Tint spray can work, but all the ones I've seen have eaten into the plastic after a while making the surface matt and quite rough.

Once you've sprayed a couple of coats of the tint spray you need to go over it with some light sandpaper and then buff it back up to get rid of the rough finish.

Did it with my old RX-8 (hated the clear rears on it) and came up great, IMO :)

050409%20(7).JPG

i have these rear lights there the LED type i changed them as i was fed up with everyone asking why have i spoiled it by putting boy racer lights on the back and was really fed up of teling everyone that they are lexus lights as in on a lexus and all the boy racers copied the style of this car

linky

i tinted the fogs with tinting paint flatted then off a little with wet and dry the gave them a clear coat ontop (they are redder than they look in the picture)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links