Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2p Extra Fuel Tax When Does It Start?

LOcKY

Hello folks,

as we all know that the government hate drivers, i was wondering when this stupid excuse of a government is going to start slapping on the 2p tax hike on to fuel at the pump. Anyone have any inside knowledge because i suggest everyone to fill up to the max before the price gets jacked up.

as the little voice in asda says. "every little helps" ohh.. wait thats tesco :\

Col

i guess the big question is... when shall we fill up? 31st August? or play it safe and fill her up on the 30th Agust? mmm decisions

ooo 2p a liter thats like what 1.50 extra a tank, I know the mp's are a scheming bunch of ****ers but please ask yourself this did you get more than a 20 quid pay rise this year if so that covers it, really I know its not great but 1.50 a tank isnt going to kill you is it even if you drink 2 tanks a months its less than the 3% inflation you probably got on your pay in april or whenever anyway, most the guys on here use super anyway so if its that bad go back to normal fuel

Only two fill ups a month?! Wish I did that sort of milage!

I was getting through a tank every three days in the Aristo :o

Luckily I've got a diesel as well now so that's much more economical, still getting through a tank a week though!

Do some shopping at Sainsburys. Spend £50 in the shop and get 5p per litre off your next tank fullup. In our area it is the cheapest anyway and I've heard it's BP. You also get nectar points. They will be giving ot away next. lol.

The goverment always takes the ***** when it comes to drivers but as always in this country we doont do anything, it hurts me to say it but i wish we were like the french and roited everytime there something they dont like, people power does alot. This is one of the many reasons i want to leave the UK.

Rant over, in norwich its just cheeped back up £1.02, il fill up tomorow as the red light came on the way home and that will do me for another 3 weeks.

if i knew that the money was going back into maintaining roads and motorways then perhaps it wouldnt be so bad but the problem for me now is i just dont trust a word the government say. I think one of the reasons was to use the extra money to improve public transport or some rubbish

how much is everyone paying a litre in your area?? im on £1.02 at the moment

Phill

Is it £1.02 or £1.02.9? Ihear lots of pps saying prices and forgetting the ".09" or if £10.99 they say £10 not £11 almost. Try to buy the minimum amount it says on the pump (normally about 2 litres) and if pump price is £1.02.9 offer £2.05.8 and see what happens. All of these prices are a mental scam for that very reason.

Do some shopping at Sainsburys. Spend £50 in the shop and get 5p per litre off your next tank fullup. In our area it is the cheapest anyway and I've heard it's BP. You also get nectar points. They will be giving ot away next. lol.

Spend £40 at Morrisons for 5p off.

filled the lex up yesterday over £70 (104.9) :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: their was something on the internet a week ago saying petrol would be at £120.9 by christmas. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

yeah its pretty shocking when they cant justify it when the oil prices are almost half of what it was last summer. You know someone is taking the micky mouse with the fuel prices

saying petrol would be at £120.9 by christmas. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

My personal prediction that once the recession is over, expect to be paying £120.9-£150.9 for petrol/diesel :crybaby:

i guess its the governments way to price us off the roads i guess and force us to use public transport or electric cars. Problem with that is theres no way i can use public transport to go to work as i need it to go to site visits :( oh well hopefully the lorry drivers will have blocked all the roads into london when it gets too stupid prices.

I filled up today as I was passing anyway. Brimfilled it as usual although luckily I only got 38 litres in. I say ONLY 38 litres but that is nearly 8.5 gallons! If we still measured petrol in gallons then I am convinced that prices would not rise so fast...imagine the govnt. saying extra duty next week of 9p/gallon?

Our road direction/distance signs are still in miles, car manufacturers give us 0-62 mph times and xxx mpg figures but we have to buy petrol in litres? doesn't really make any sense to me especially as we are allowed to buy most, if not all, of our other consumables in Imperial measures rather than metric.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links