Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Got A Lexus Is200

Rez89

hi there, just bought a lexus is200 se today with the styling kit on it....the car itself is an 02 plate with 56k miles in black with full lexus service history.

the only thing that i can think of to do on the car is tint the windows out because it has the sport bodykit on already.

also i need new brake discs on the car because they are slightly warped.....any suggestions on what discs to go for??

have any of you guys faced corosion problem on your alloy wheels on the lexus is200 standard 17" alloys??

three of my alloys have corosion and silver flakes are coming of the wheels.

will upload pic of my car 2mro...really bad weather today!

ALSO GUYS...HAVE ANY OF YOU REMOVED THE STANDARD CD PLAYER AND PUT AN AFTERMARKET ONE IN???

thanks in advance.

hi there, just bought a lexus is200 se today with the styling kit on it....the car itself is an 02 plate with 56k miles in black with full lexus service history.

the only thing that i can think of to do on the car is tint the windows out because it has the sport bodykit on already.

also i need new brake discs on the car because they are slightly warped.....any suggestions on what discs to go for??

have any of you guys faced corosion problem on your alloy wheels on the lexus is200 standard 17" alloys??

thanks in advance.

lower,nice exhaust,tint windows,18"wheels,detango headlights,fog/brake/light mod nice dials(group buy)some a/c rings ,shiney clock face induction kit etc cant think any more i've got my sleepy head on.check out my sig for mod ideas.

you'll find many of us have changed the head unit.due to the dreaded error 3

thanks in advance.

lower,nice exhaust,tint windows,18"wheels,detango headlights,fog/brake/light mod nice dials(group buy)some a/c rings ,shiney clock face induction kit etc cant think any more i've got my sleepy head on.check out my sig for mod ideas.

you'll find many of us have changed the head unit.due to the dreaded error 3

IS IT EASY TO CHANGE THE HEAD UNIT? AS I WANT TO PUT MY ALPINE SOUND SYSTEM IN...SUBS,AMP....

I HEARD THE 6 DISC CD CHANGER MESSES UP ON THEM CARS!

CAN YOU GET A TTE EXHAUST FOR A LEXUS?? I HAD ONE ON MY COROLLA.

HOW DO I DO THE FOG BRAKE LIGHT CONVERSION? I LIKE DRIVING WITH MY REAR FOG LIGHTS ON AT NIGHT! LOOKS SICK! LOL

THE PETROL ON THIS CAR IS OK I GOT 28MPG....NOT TOO BAD.

yes its easy to change the head unit matey their is some guides on here also if you check out the workshop section or my posts...Woop Woop Finally Done The Fog To Brake Mod Pulsing Brake Light bulbs Fitted In Fog/brake/light Mod

hope that helps mate

yes its easy to change the head unit matey their is some guides on here also if you check out the workshop section or my posts...Woop Woop Finally Done The Fog To Brake Mod Pulsing Brake Light Bulbs Fitted In Fog/brake/light Mod

hope that helps mate

CHEERS FOR YOUR HELP SO FAR.

I use http://imageshack.us/ to upload pics.

Click Browse and select pic from your computer, click open.

Check box resize image and select 640*480 (for message boards)

Click start upload

On the next screen scroll to the bottom of the page and look for "Hotlink for forums 1" copy this & paste in the box you are typing the post in.

This works to do one pic at a time.

As for the mods...

Anti roll bars - it took me 18 months to do mine wish I had done them asap. A very noticable improvement everytime you turn the steering wheel!

HID Lights- 6000k one of the cheapest and best mods I did to the car.

Abbas

Car looks nice mate, click - this thread will help with install of new head unit, this shows a single din being fitted, but double din is the same process, mines the best thing you'll ever do.

As for the alloys, they all flake / corrode, so a nice set of 18's would be the way to go, unless you want 19's but i beleive some arch rolling will be needed.

Car looks nice mate, click - this thread will help with install of new head unit, this shows a single din being fitted, but double din is the same process, mines the best thing you'll ever do.

As for the alloys, they all flake / corrode, so a nice set of 18's would be the way to go, unless you want 19's but i beleive some arch rolling will be needed.

i gotta say mate, you have one sexy stunning car there :lol:

looks a bit like mine :lol:

thanks for the headunit guide...been looking for it for a while....i thouhgt my corolla headunit was hard to take out but from looking at that guide for our IS, my corolla was easy lol

i really want to put all my sound system in but this looks so hard an complicated! Also i like the look of the standard system.

i might take it to a shop which i no does these instaltions.

CAN YOU CONNECT SUB AND AMP TO THE STANDARD HEADUNIT???

as for alloys i would go up to 18s max.

but i dont mind staying at 17s as my car has brand new pirelli p zero tyres all round.

Thanks

Hey Rez89,

Very nice looking car you got there, I like the body kit :winky:

Painted calipers are a really good place to start, its a nice simple job but really effective.... i painted mine using a guide off here <clicky>

Heres a link to my post on painting the calipers... Linky

Its all down to personal preference, with mods...

Exhaust: I got a Blue Flame exhaust, its not too noisy wen the car is idling and bimbling about but makes one hell of a roar if you boot it...

Air intake: Either a high flow panel filter, K&N do good ones (cheaper option) or induction kit, the odd one does appear on this forum in the sale section.

ARBs: anti-roll bars are next on my list but are quite expensive at about £400 for a good pair...

You can get your alloys refurbished... before i bought mine the alloys were in a proper nasty state, but the garage got them refurbed before i bought it and they look cracking!... no scratches, scraps or corrosion.... just like brand new... mind you i'm not sure how much that will cost... might be worth looking into as you can change the colour of your alloys if you so wish when they do it...

Hope this helps, good luck and enjoy....

FiZiX

i really want to put all my sound system in but this looks so hard an complicated! Also i like the look of the standard system

It's not at all complicted to change out the head unit itself, if you have all the right peices - fascia, leads & tools, it can be done in an hour - easy, modifying the fascia is a time consuming job, but worth the time and effort - maybe i'm just sad, but i like doing that kind of stuff.

CAN YOU CONNECT SUB AND AMP TO THE STANDARD HEADUNIT???

Your head unit is allready amp-ed, it lives down in the passenger footwell - i'm not too sure of the answer but i'm sure Redz will be along to keep you right.

as for alloys i would go up to 18s max.

but i dont mind staying at 17s as my car has brand new pirelli p zero tyres all round.

For me, it's 18's, i just think they fill the arch's better, mines not lowered so i think it looks better, i have a full set of lex alloys like yours sitting up my loft with brand new tyres on, as i may have to put them back on when the time comes to sell up :ohmy:

but thats your choice mate, take the ggod of your tyres you have on, then when they are done, instead of replacing them, just go for wheels & tyres :D

Hey Rez89,

Very nice looking car you got there, I like the body kit :winky:

Painted calipers are a really good place to start, its a nice simple job but really effective.... i painted mine using a guide off here <clicky>

Heres a link to my post on painting the calipers... Linky

Its all down to personal preference, with mods...

Exhaust: I got a Blue Flame exhaust, its not too noisy wen the car is idling and bimbling about but makes one hell of a roar if you boot it...

Air intake: Either a high flow panel filter, K&N do good ones (cheaper option) or induction kit, the odd one does appear on this forum in the sale section.

ARBs: anti-roll bars are next on my list but are quite expensive at about £400 for a good pair...

You can get your alloys refurbished... before i bought mine the alloys were in a proper nasty state, but the garage got them refurbed before i bought it and they look cracking!... no scratches, scraps or corrosion.... just like brand new... mind you i'm not sure how much that will cost... might be worth looking into as you can change the colour of your alloys if you so wish when they do it...

Hope this helps, good luck and enjoy....

FiZiX

Thanks for your help...really usefull information :)

i am going to paint my calipers Red because i seen a black is200 with red calipers and looks really nice.

if i get an induction kit...the sound of the engine will sound so nice....the straight six sounds mean an nice without an induction kit....but i will invest in one at a later date....my main thing is to change the brake discs and it is due for a service in 2000 miles so need to save my pennies for that. lol

i am acutally looking into a re-furb to Gun metal grey...because when my alloys are dirty it blends in with the car lol

Thanks

Rez

i will give the sound system ago when i am free on a weekend because it can take up to hours because i always end up goin backwards and fowards when doing these things lol

i dont think your sad....just experimenting new things...trial an error lol

as for wheels, i have never bought a full set of tyres when my one are all gone, i end up buying new wheels and tyres! lol

18s will be perfect as it will fill the arches and too much ride comfort wont be lost.

and thanks for your help so far Dekkie77

on your question about the tte exhaust. you will be lucky to find 1 these days as stopped selling them. i was lucky to come across a brandnew 1 on ebay never used and got it for 80 pound for the back box i was a very happppppy boy :)

I KNOW THERE VERY RARE TO GET HOLD OF THESE DAYS.....I GOT A TTE BACKBOX FOR MY COROLLA OFF eBay FOR £80 BRAND NEW AND BOXED.

ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR LUCK I THINK. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links